"Vancouver, BC, Canada!" Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver by jamiesno
Vancouver Travel Guide: 3,948 reviews and 8,246 photos
I was enroute to Whitehorse, Yukon on two occassions for work and each time I got to see Vancouver. The first time I saw only the airport, the second time I was wiser and planned to couple of days in Vancouver to scope the place out!
Next time I'll be wiser again and hopefully spend a week or more. It is an amazing part of Canada.
Vancouver was named for Captain George Vancouver, who in 1792, fourteen years after sailing here under Captain Cook, returned to the area in 1792, and spent the next two years exploring the area in search of the western end of the "Northwest Passage".
Vancouver is the largest city in the province of British Columbia and the third largest city in Canada. It's surrounded by water on three sides and is nestled alongside the Coast Mountain Range. Vancouver is home to spectacular natural scenery and a bustling metropolitan core, and boasts one of the mildest climates in Canada.
The City of Vancouver supports a wide range of destination sites-- from more than 190 parks to three different civic theatres -- that are interesting places to visit for tourists and residents alike. Vancouver is also home to many other sights and is networked by a comprehensive transportation system.
For me I will always remember the hot weather in May, the number of tourist and local resident enjoying the outdoors.
Vancouver is certainly a modern city where you will find a lot of people enjoying the weather and walking much like you see a lot of in Europe.
I will also remember the green spaces and close proximity of parks, mountains and downtown Vancouver!
You will need a week to explore this area and do it justice at a minimum.
There are simply a lot of sites to see right in the downtown area, not to mention surrounding areas, Victoria, Whistler and the list goes on.
They say it is the third largest city in Canada but I would have to say it is also one of the top three cities in Canada to visit for activities, culture, experiences available, weather, diversity and tourism products.
- Cons:A little misty at times!
- In a nutshell:Amazing, beautiful and very much in touch with nature!
Take notice in the airport of all the aboriginal art work. Apparently the government of British Columbia spent a lot of... more travel advice
Medley's is the restaurant located in the downtown Holiday Inn on 1110 Howe Street that I recommended under my... more travel advice
jamiesno's Related Pages
Vancouver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Local's Perspective"
- "Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
- "Vancouver, BC, Canada!"
- "Vancouver, my current home"
- "Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"
- "Summer in Vancouver"
- "The big city on the West Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vancouver
- Hotels in Vancouver
- Transportation in Vancouver
- Nightlife in Vancouver
- Restaurants in Vancouver
- Shopping in Vancouver
- Warnings and Dangers in Vancouver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vancouver
- 59 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vancouver
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 148 reviews, 319 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 233 photos
- Toronto Intro, 50 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 39 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 91 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 69 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 49 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowknife Intro, 68 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Battle Harbour Intro, 65 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues