Seattle Hotel Tips by jamiesno Top 5 Page for this destination
Seattle Hotels: 46,676 reviews and 230 photos
The Green Tortoise
I didn't actually stay at this hostel. I met a guy from the UK that said it was alright. I can say from passing by it that the location was also very good for exploring things downtown.
Address: 1525 Second Avenue
Comparison: about average
Phone: (206) 340-1222
Hosteling International Seattle was the second hostel I had ever stayed in. The first was in Quebec City. Prior to departure I was unsure based on reviews but when I got to the hostel it was in a perfect location right downtown. Just one minute away from the Pike Place Market and just one minute away from the waterfront.
It was on Union Street but not really visable from 1st Avenue. You had to go down some stairs in an alley to get to the main entrance. Inside the hostel was nice, I had a private room with a bunk bed for $49 USD a night with no bathroom. I used a shared area down the hall for showers.
Another interesting feature of this hostel was the free continental breakfast each morning at 8 am. I was super impressed by the high speed wireless internet that allowed me to play around with VT in the night time where there was no television in the rooms obviously.
Another interesting feature you may not appreciate was the first two nights there was a group of local thugs rap singing outside my window. I started to enjoy it later on night one but I've saved more on this for a warning and danger tip.
Overall I thought this hostel was a steal and I would stay here again no questions asked.
Address: 84 Union St., , Seattle, Washington State 98101
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (67)
- See All Space Needle
- See All Jack in the Box
- See All Horse and Carriage
- See All Seattle Advocates
- Cinco de Mayo
- See All Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate
jamiesno's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 69 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Read real reviews about Seattle Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 148 reviews, 319 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 233 photos
- Toronto Intro, 50 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 39 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 91 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 69 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 49 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowknife Intro, 68 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Battle Harbour Intro, 65 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
- Space Needle- 88 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 60 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 45 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 43 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Aquarium- 26 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 24 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Fremont District- 15 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Tulip Fields- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do