") @ L was great!" Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle by jamiesno

Seattle Travel Guide: 3,152 reviews and 7,660 photos

Quick Synopsis

Before I do anything else with my Seattle page I have to dedicate it to VT members arasnosliw and JetlagCity. A heart felt thank you to these super hosts. I could never have seen or experienced as much as Seattle as I did without their help. I really feel in debt to them after receiving the type of hospitality you normally only expect in more rural settings. Thanks a million!!!

Seattle was a side trip for me from Fort McMurray, Alberta where we were visiting family from Labrador. I flew through Edmonton and Vancouver to reach Seattle and as you will see I managed to cover a lot of this great city. You will love the laid back yet energetic atmosphere! Here's to Cheif Seattle :-)!!

05/05/05 - Arrival, Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Mono Rail, Mamas, Seattle Art Museum, Waterfront

05/06/05 - Mt. St. Helen's, Bainbridge Island, Pioneer Square

05/07/05 - Museum of Flight, Copacabana, Underground Tour, Smith Tower, Fremont, Ballard, Chinatown

05/08/05 - Departure

Thoughts on Seattle

The scenery was great, Seattleites are not defensive about their weather, they have a point to make about it; the point is the weather is not that bad at all. The Tacoma rivalry is humorous. The street activity and energy is refreshing. The sense of entrepreneurship and ingenuity of its founders is inspiring. The diversity of nationalities is special. The sites and things to do is endless. The hospitality was top notch. The Gold Rush history is interesting and the great coffees will ensure you never blink!

My Seattle page is under construction. The tips will be more complete. Coming soon!

• Last visit to Seattle: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2005

• Dec 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

My family and I have been planning on taking a trip over to Seattle sometime but we were unsure what areas to visit. So this is a huge help. Thanks! http://www.republiqofseattle.com

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I enjoy reading your tips that are both helpful and with some sense of humor and personal view - thanks

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Hello Jamie, Nice pages. Thank you very much and happy new year to you. Tomas Eriksson :)

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 10:46 PM

thanx for the tips

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Excellent in depth page on Seattle with very useful tips. The Museum of Flight looks like something to see!

• Nov 15, 2007 at 2:54 PM

try this erotic site: Erotic Bakery USA, erotic cakes, bachelor erotic cakes, bachelorette sexy cakes, adult cookies , X-rated candy, exotic cakes, we are open 24/7 and we deliver 24/7 in one hour, with over 900 stores Nationwide in 50 states

• dianneswain's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 9:23 PM

great tip. thank you.

• Jun 13, 2007 at 8:42 AM

Mt. Rainier isn't a dormant volcano. Just thought I'd point that out. Great page on Seattle. Keep representing!

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2006 at 10:46 PM

Great page Jamie, beautiful pictures and tips. Happy Birthday to you. Rate it too.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 3:42 PM

Nice travelogues and tips. You certainly saw a lot in just a few days.

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Seattle

Have you been to Seattle?

Latest Activity in Seattle