""Vancouver, Vancouver, this is it!!"" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument by jamiesno

Quick Synopsis

During a side trip to Seattle, USA from Fort McMurray, Alberta in May 2005 I took a day and explored Mt. St. Helen's on a Greyline Tour.

I left at 7:00 am in morning and got back to Seattle around 6:00 pm.

All of my tips are in sequance from 1 through 20 on my tour with as much information as I could remember. I added one travelogue with some added pictures for memories.

Thoughts on Mt. St. Helen's

It is hard to describe how I felt about Mt. St. Helen's. It is hard to put into words how much destruction occured when the volcano errupted.

It was certainly interesting to learn about the geology that caused the blast. The beauty of the area is unique and unlike anything I had ever seen because of the blast.

But the human stories and size of the area that was forever changed is what made the day worth it.

• Last visit to Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2005

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2005 at 8:49 PM

I nearly took this tour last trip to Seattle but instead went to Mt. Hood & Columbia River Gorge. It was great as well. Next time I'd sure take this one :-)

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 5:43 PM

You've sure been a busy little page-builder this last year, Jamie! Nice MtStH page - I used to live up there, whew.

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument

Have you been to Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument?