"Jay Peak" Jay by jamiesno

Jay Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos

Jay Peak Resort

Jay, Vermont was a very nice little town, albeit a little tricky getting there! It is worth taking the time to get to meet the local people and get a feel for the area.

The reason for my visit was the Jay Peak Resort at www.jaypeakresort.com. Although I had no intentions of skiing I went to the top of the hill anyway to check the runs out and it looks awesome for skiing! The weather changed very quickly while at the top but endless opportunities for getting back to the base of the hill. Be prepared to be sqeezed into a lift with about 80 other people on the way up!

On the downside it was certainly no resort, after just recently visiting Mont Tremblant! The hotel looked run down and there was no food or anything spectacular at the peak and generally a disappointing complex. I would suggest staying somewhere else and going there for the skiing!

Great view of the mountain!

Look how blue the sky was here and within 30 minutes look at the next picture!!

So much for getting a great view and excellent pictures. I guess the moral of this storey is to be careful!!

Strange weather!

Like any mountain the weather can be unpredictable. When I left for the top it was sunny and I was expecting some great pictures, look at what I saw once I got to the top! The weather changed very quickl!!

• Pros:Great ski runs.
  • Cons:Certainly no top rated resort!
  • Last visit to Jay: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 14, 2004

Comments

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Jay