"Haines, Alaska" Top 5 Page for this destination Haines by jamiesno

Haines Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 199 photos

View from Chilkat Fast Ferry

Haines, Alaska for me was a real treat and a very scenic and mountainous region of the continent.

Haines is a small community with endless opportunities for outdoor activities.

On one lucky day I was fortunate to be in town during the annual king salmon fishing derby and the 12th annual nual Great Alaska Craftbeer & Homebrew Festival.

At the northern end of America's longest fjord, Haines shares a border with 20 million acres of protected wilderness. The heart of Alaska's Glacier Bay National Park is less than 25 miles by air from downtown Haines, and Canada's Kluane National Park and Tatshenshini-Alsek Provincial Park are just up the road. As you can imagine, opportunities for outdoor recreation are endless.

• Last visit to Haines: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2004

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2005 at 9:14 AM

Damn! We missed the Craftbeer and Homebrew festival when we were in Haines in summer!

• Aurora907's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2005 at 12:34 PM

I will be at the 2005 festival next weekend. Your page has really helped to provide me with more information before I go. Thank you!

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2005 at 1:34 PM

What a scenic area! Liked your horse travelogue a lot. 24 beers you tried, remind me NOT to get in a drinking contest with you, hahaha!

• piccolina's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 4:03 AM

So many different kinds of beer in an amazing scenery....I definetely like this place..

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 1:26 PM

Hi Jamie loved your Alaskan page Great pictures & info We went to a beer festival in Silves Portugal----------but I don't like beer!!

• melissa_bel's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 12:45 PM

Hmmm... it is impossible not to fall in love with Alaska. And beer festival? Now that's my kind of town. *lol*

• ophiru's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 10:01 PM

Beautiful page my friend !

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2004 at 7:52 AM

Another excellent page, Jamie! You say you "stumbled" onto Dalton City. I bet you stumbled out after trying 2 dozen beers. You are a better man than I!

• mcpangie's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 7:03 PM

Lots of details and information on these pages. Hey, I recognize the Fogcutter. Last time I was there, there was fog that needed cutting.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 8:44 AM

Beer festival without pictures of beer? lol This travelogue definitely screams for an update ;-) Going to check your canadian pages now!

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Haines