Canada Sports & Outdoors Tips by jamiesno Top 5 Page for this destination
Canada Sports & Outdoors: 35 reviews and 35 photos
Here is a challenge for the extremist sport people out here in the VT world! Mount Logan is the highest peak in Canada and the second highest peak in North America.
Logan is one of the most massive mountains in the world. Its many cliff faces, well over 10,000 feet, rise to an immense ten-mile summit crest of high peaks and saddles. The summit crest spills giant heavily crevassed glaciers for miles over the surrounding valleys.
I have only seen the peak from Haines Junction in the Kluane National Park. I challenge you to see the rest of Canada from its peak!
Happy climbing :-)
I provided a link to my Whitehorse page since its the closest airport!
General Stampede Crowd
The Calgary Stampede is known for its famous chuckwagon races, the world's richest rodeo, thrilling midway rides, an extravagant grandstand show, and live entertainment acts, The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth offers an impressive range of experiences and activities for all ages.
Unlike in Spanish culture, here in Western Canada they try to ride the bull as apposed to killing it, LOL. I wouldn't consider this eco-tourism however!
I remember going to the Stampede one summer and it was very hot, tonnes of great food, lots of activities and a dog show of all things at the Calgary Saddledome which was interesting.
It's funny but if your not a cowboy I don't know if I recommend you try to look like one or act like one. It was obvious walking around who was a genuine cowboy and who stuck out like a sore thumb with their brand new cowboy hat on, tight jeans and flashy cowboy boots. It looks hideous I thought, hehehe.
In any event this truly is a world class event and very indicitive of western Canada and prairie culture. Ranching is big industry and if this is your think, this is your region of Canada!!
Unfortunatly I wasn't into VT at this time so I don't have any of my own pictures to share here, bummer!
Other Contact: http://calgarystampede.com/
Theme: Sports Watching
On Mount Tremblant
There is great skiing throughout Canada and I will add more tips on this particular sport but for now I would recommend checking out the Tremblant resort in Quebec.
It is beautiful and about one hour and thirty minute drive from Montreal.
I really enjoyed this resort and the mountain!!
If this information and my link are helpful please rate my tip and leave your comments!! :-)
My Mont Tremblant VT Page!
Scene from the Molson Center in Montreal!
Ok if you are going to take in a sporting event in Canada, the game of Hockey has to be top priority. It is more than a game, it is the national past time, so go check it out. The main league is the National Hockey League or NHL in the following cities in Canada:
Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
From the web site link I provided you can find detailed schedules for the teams.
Remember if you like my tips, please rate them and leave your comments!! I enjoy reading them. All the best!
I've been to two hockey games now in Calgary and Montreal and have to get to more somehow!!!
Theme: Sports Watching
Scene from an Ottawa Renegade game!
In Canada football is popular and high scoring in the CFL or Canadian Football League.
I have provided a web site link for lots of detail but if you visit Montreal, Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Regina, Vancouver or Calgary you will find CFL action during the season.
I tried it and it was a lot of fun.
Remember if you like my tips please rate them and leave your comments :-). I love getting your comments!!
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (51)
- See All World's Largest Winter Carnaval
- Warm Hat
- See All Canadian Flag
- Fairmont Hotels
- Tim Hortons
jamiesno's Related Pages
Canada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canada - So much to do, so little time"
- "8000 km Coast-to-Coast (5000 miles)"
- "Canada..... from coast to coast"
- "Canada coast to coast tour"
- "PLEASURE IN CANADIAN WATERS!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canada
- Hotels in Canada
- Transportation in Canada
- Nightlife in Canada
- Restaurants in Canada
- Shopping in Canada
- Warnings and Dangers in Canada
- See All...
Explore the World
- Yamba Hotels
- Nashville Hotels
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Lop Buri Hotels
- Maurice River Hotels
- IronMan Triathlon
- Santorini Island Sports & Outdoors
- Amsterdam Sports & Outdoors
- Stadiums and sports venues
- Swimming Pools
- Taiwan Sports & Outdoors
- Bloemfontein Sports & Outdoors
- Beaches & Swimming
- Grindelwald Sports & Outdoors
- Guangzhou Sports & Outdoors
- Sunny Beach Sports & Outdoors
- Moldova Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Canada
- 1,239 Reviews
- 2,638 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 41 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Canada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canada
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 148 reviews, 319 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 233 photos
- Toronto Intro, 50 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 39 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 91 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 69 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 49 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowknife Intro, 68 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Battle Harbour Intro, 65 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
Top Canada hotels
- Toronto Hotels
- 4301 Reviews - 8862 Photos
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- 1442 Reviews - 3585 Photos
- Montreal Hotels
- 3650 Reviews - 6815 Photos
- Mont-Tremblant Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 319 Photos
- Vancouver Hotels
- 3957 Reviews - 8266 Photos
- Ottawa Hotels
- 1799 Reviews - 4427 Photos
- Edmonton Hotels
- 609 Reviews - 1001 Photos
- Quebec Hotels
- 1562 Reviews - 3447 Photos
- Halifax Hotels
- 987 Reviews - 1901 Photos
- Windsor Hotels
- 321 Reviews - 984 Photos
- Banff Hotels
- 467 Reviews - 989 Photos
- Victoria Hotels
- 1618 Reviews - 3346 Photos
- Collingwood Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Winnipeg Hotels
- 385 Reviews - 538 Photos
- Canmore Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 153 Photos