Canada Off The Beaten Path Tips by jamiesno Top 5 Page for this destination
Canada Off The Beaten Path: 102 reviews and 88 photos
Husky dog between Iqaluit and Apex
Most of Canadians live along the Canada / USA border but if you want to get off the beaten path and really explore Canada. If you are an adventurer willing to make the trek and see how the rest of Canada lives you should go to the Canadian north.
I have been fortunate to explore several parts of the Canadian north so far and in this tip I am recommending Iqaluit in Nunavut, Canada's newest territory!
It's home to an amazing House of Assembly, the Canadian Inuit dog, Inuit people, raw northern landscapes, unique cultures, polar bears and economic growth potential.
I have a link to a seperate Iqaluit web page here on VT however you are just scratching Nunavut's surface by getting to Iqaluit, as you will see from the map, it's hard to grasp how big and remote this territory really is. I trust you would enjoy your visit here!
Where is your sense of adventure?
Cameron Falls near Yellowknife, NWT
Continuing with my Canadian North series of tips Yellowknife is a beautiful modern capital city located in the North West Territories.
The drive to Yellowknife is full of amazing waterfalls, wild buffalo, over 12 different aboriginal dialects, massive diamond fields and immense outdoor activity opportunities.
Arguably the best fish I have ever eaten was at a place called Bullock's in Yelloknife. I have a link provided to a page dedicated completly to this location.
The customer service, dining opportunities and shopping all deserve very high rating regardless of location but certainly in the north.
Put on your trekking shoes and take the challenge to get way up here north of the 60th parrallel.
View from Grey Mountain, Whitehorse, Yukon
The Yukon! Whitehorse is a very modern capital and what a place to live if you are into outdoor activities.
If you haven't been able to tell I am a fan of the Canadian north!
Every place has its own unique history and claim to fame! Here in Whitehorse it's the infamous gold rush!! This history is very rich and adds to the immense character of this region of Canada. I have a link specifically to a Whitehorse page.
The Yukon is also home to Dawson City, Canada's highest peak and a very close proximity to Alaska which makes for great day tripping from Whitehorse.
Beleive me there is something about this place you will enjoy!!! The bald eagles, rivers, valleys, mountains, the list goes on :-)
The Grand / Churchill River before Muskrat Falls
Labrador is a very unique and distinct region of the Canadian North and part of the province of Newfoudland and Labrador.
Labrador is a very big region with three different aboriginal influences, a young history of european settlers to the area.
It is very remote and another area where you have to prepare for the challenge but when you get here there is ample adventure and landscapes for you to enjoy!
I have a special page dedicated specifically to Labrador and I hope you enjoy!!
More Reviews (52)
- See All World's Largest Winter Carnaval
- Warm Hat
- See All Canadian Flag
- Fairmont Hotels
- See All The Calgary Stampede
jamiesno's Related Pages
Canada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canada - So much to do, so little time"
- "8000 km Coast-to-Coast (5000 miles)"
- "Canada..... from coast to coast"
- "Canada coast to coast tour"
- "PLEASURE IN CANADIAN WATERS!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canada
- Hotels in Canada
- Transportation in Canada
- Nightlife in Canada
- Restaurants in Canada
- Shopping in Canada
- Warnings and Dangers in Canada
- See All...
Explore the World
- Loch Fitty Hotels
- Lake Minnewaska
- Tushemisht Hotels
- Daqiuzhuang Hotels
- Bracknell Hotels
- Greece Off The Beaten Path
- Mount Shasta Off The Beaten Path
- Great Gorge Adventure Pass
- Tokyo Off The Beaten Path
- Darmstadt Off The Beaten Path
- Red Rock Canyon
- Bari Off The Beaten Path
- Arcachon Off The Beaten Path
- Genting Off The Beaten Path
- Croatia Off The Beaten Path
- Otavalo Off The Beaten Path
- Lord Howe Island Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Canada
- 1,239 Reviews
- 2,638 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 41 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Canada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canada
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 148 reviews, 319 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 233 photos
- Toronto Intro, 50 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 39 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 91 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 69 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 49 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowknife Intro, 68 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Battle Harbour Intro, 65 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
Top Canada hotels
- Toronto Hotels
- 4301 Reviews - 8862 Photos
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- 1442 Reviews - 3585 Photos
- Montreal Hotels
- 3650 Reviews - 6815 Photos
- Mont-Tremblant Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 319 Photos
- Vancouver Hotels
- 3957 Reviews - 8266 Photos
- Ottawa Hotels
- 1799 Reviews - 4427 Photos
- Edmonton Hotels
- 609 Reviews - 1001 Photos
- Quebec Hotels
- 1562 Reviews - 3447 Photos
- Halifax Hotels
- 987 Reviews - 1901 Photos
- Banff Hotels
- 467 Reviews - 989 Photos
- Victoria Hotels
- 1618 Reviews - 3346 Photos
- Collingwood Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Winnipeg Hotels
- 385 Reviews - 538 Photos
- Windsor Hotels
- 321 Reviews - 984 Photos
- Canmore Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 153 Photos