"Canada" Top 5 Page for this destination Canada by jamiesno

Canada Travel Guide: 40,305 reviews and 93,547 photos

Canada is huge!!

Canada is a very big country with 10 provinces and 3 territories. It is hard to tell you where to begin but for starters it is obviously a great country!

I have organized this page by trying to recommend specific regions that I have visited and can recommend you visit! Under general tips I have just made some comments by province, in my travelogues I taken a unique approach focusing on the flags which are symbolic of the provinces themselves and then in the must see activities I have highlighted experiences that I consider special to me and I trust you will enjoy as well in Canada.

There are really two different Canada's; one north of 60, the other south of the 60th parallel. I have travelled coast to coast in both north and south so I can give you plenty of great information on Oh Canada!

Large Country

To illustrate my point above about the vastness of this country and the different provinces and territories I have attached a map.

I will do my best though to offer you tips right across the country :-)!!

This is a great nation and very different coast to coast to coast to coast. On the map all the provinces have been colored in and they all represent the ones I have managed to get to!

My Canada Page Theory!

Ok where Canada is so big it is hard to know where to start and how to organize such a page.

So here is what I have done:

I have only highlighted the very best that I have seen in Canada and make those recommendations. From then you can then follow along and see my more detailed pages on specific regions within Canada.

So as you explore my Canada page, you should be lost in web of unrelated tips. If its on this page it is special and warrants it's own visit.

For example you won't find the Calgary Telus building highlighted in my Canada pages because what is the significance of it? But you will fine the CN Tower. Canada's and the World's tallest building!

You will find out about Mount Logan because it is Canada's highest peak and so forth!

So I hope you enjoy browsing through the best Canada has to offer!

• Pros:The hospitality and the diversity!
  • In a nutshell:"I am Canadian!!!!!"
  • Last visit to Canada: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 14, 2004

• Aug 17, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Just returned from a summeradventure to Quebec City. I followed Jamie's itinerary almost to a tee. I and an amazing vacation lots of great culinary and shopping experiences. Need a quide for a short visit to QC...this is definately it!

• Sep 3, 2006 at 10:11 AM

great page!

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 5:34 PM

Great page! Can I ask about your member photo - where did you shoot it?

• melissa_bel's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2005 at 6:18 PM

Can't believe I haven't started with this one. Jamie, outstanding job on one of my favourite countries.. (ah, those Tim Horton's). You've been far and wide... there's only the center missing and I hope you'll have the chance to visit more and report.

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 9:41 PM

A friend of mine is teaching in Canada , hope to visit him this year...who knows. Interesting page you got here , loads of information and great links. frank.

• Dec 18, 2004 at 4:37 PM

Fantastic pages about a country I can't wait to visit; first class tips and photo's - best wishes from England :-)

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2004 at 2:19 AM

Wow... possibly the best Canada page out there, and rightfully so! :) About NB/Quebec... Quebec officially recognizes itself as a French-speaking nation, even though there are pockets of English speakers.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 12:06 PM

Great page, I was very surprised to see that NB was the only bilingual region, like you say, I thought Quebec would have been too. I presume NB is French/English?

• canadiantravelgirl's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2004 at 7:12 AM

Very impressive page with lots of unique features!! By the way, great iceburg pic!!!

• Nov 18, 2004 at 6:10 PM

my my my...you've been building LOTS i see. are your hands falling off yet ;-) love your overview of canada

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Canada