"Great Historical City" Amsterdam by Peter_P
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,251 reviews and 21,505 photos
On top of this entrance to the Historical Museum, you'll find the 3 Crosses from the armorial of the city.
The Andreas-crosses are the symbol of the city...
The 'grachten' are the most famous item in Amsterdam.
Mainly build in the 17th century as a defence wall against invaders...
Doing a boat-trip on the water or just walking along the canals is a must-do...
These narrow streets nearby the center of the city are deserted in the morning...:-) But they get crowded later on the day...
Also watch out for the numerous bikers... it can become dangerous in these streets :)
- Pros:Historical, worth visiting city
- Cons:Somewhat too crowded during the afternoon
Peter_P's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 6 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zuidhollandse Biesbosch Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mont Saint Michel Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orchha Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues