"The Bay...of Collioure" Collioure by Peter_P
Collioure Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 252 photos
Collioure is the most picturesque, ancient coastal town right on the water's edge. Beloved by kings, worshipped by artists and popular summer and winter with the impressive fortress as a solid immortal center. In the past an important strong- hold against enemies from the sea, now the meter thick stonewalls house exhibitions and serve as a museum.
Collioure personifies everything expected from a Mediterranean coastal town - out-door cafés, restaurants, hotels, ancient architecture beaches, colourful fishing boats (the coast is well known for their anchovies, which is an important Catalan dish with red peppers), small shops, music, painters, exotic scents - in short.
Quiet beach in the middle of Collioure. The small streets behind this scene are crowded with people in summertime but still agreeable to walk in... Lots and lots of art-shops, galleries and souvenir-shops.
Well-known for its Museum of Modern Art, the summerfestivals and in June a display of fireworks...
Always something do see or do !
- Pros:Pitoresque town... on a relaxing beach
- Cons:Just for one day...is enough
- In a nutshell:If you are in the neighborhood, don't forget to stop here...
In 1905, Matisse and later Derain came to Collioure. This made it possible for the city to become a leading element in... more travel advice
Peter_P's Related Pages
Collioure Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Collioure -Jewel of the Vermeille Coast"
- "Collioure ... un site ravissant et unique !"
- " Collioure "
- "Collioure - Art and the ocean"
- "The Bay...of Collioure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Collioure
- Hotels in Collioure
- Transportation in Collioure
- Restaurants in Collioure
- Shopping in Collioure
- Warnings and Dangers in Collioure
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Collioure
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Collioure?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Collioure
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 6 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zuidhollandse Biesbosch Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mont Saint Michel Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orchha Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Collioure hotel reviews
- Relais des Trois Mas et Restaurant La Balette
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- Les Templiers Collioure
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Le Bon Port
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- Hotel Triton
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2012
- Casa Pairal Collioure
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Les Caranques
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013