"Pont de Normandie" Top 5 Page for this destination Le Havre by Peter_P
Le Havre Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 34 photos
Completed in 1995, the Le Pont de Normandie is a cable-stayed bridge that connects Honfleur and Le Havre, France. The main span is 856 meters long and raises almost 58 meters above the water level.
The decision to built a cable-stayed bridge was inspired by the fact that this was the world's longest cable-stayed bridge! The Le Pont de Normandie had beaten the record held by the Skarnsundet bridge and the Quingzhou Minjang bridge built in china in 1996.
However the world's record today is held by the Tartara bridge in Hiroshima, Japan which was completed in 1998.
- Pros:...a beautiful bridge...
- Cons:...not a bridge too far...:)
- In a nutshell:don't hesitate if you're in the neighbourhood...
It's possible (and free) to cross the bridge on foot. After a steep climb, a few hundred meters, you have a beautiful... more travel advice
Peter_P's Related Pages
Le Havre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SURFIN7TH's new Le Havre Page"
- "Le Havre"
- "U-N-D-E-R _______ C-O-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-O-N !"
- "Pont de Normandie"
- "Bregman's Le Havre Page"
- "chinookch47's new Le Havre Page"
- "Does it ever stop raining here?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Le Havre
- Hotels in Le Havre
- Transportation in Le Havre
- Warnings and Dangers in Le Havre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Le Havre
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Le Havre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Le Havre
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 6 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zuidhollandse Biesbosch Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mont Saint Michel Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orchha Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues