"Welcome to the Asylum" Stacyh's Profile
In a nutshell, my life is pretty boring. I take care of my husband Steve (or is it the other way around?) and my 13 yr. old daughter, Alexandra. Maybe "survive" my daughter is a better word. Anyone who has a teenager knows what I'm talking about. Cocktail hour has become increasingly more important and I suspect will continue to be so for a few more years. All in all, she's a good kid too smart for her own good, but puberty is harder on the moms than it is the adolescent, I sometimes think.
I found VT in 2002 while looking for info on an upcoming European trip. I expected to find lots of good information here, but I never expected to find so many great people....some of whom have turned into wonderful friends.
Coming of age before the world of home computers, I still find it amazing that I can chat with people all over the world so easily. It has certainly affected my world view and knowledge being able to discuss everything from clandestine political forums (hurry before we're deleted!) to just plain silly "drunken spa party" threads (hurry before we're reported!). VT has its ups and downs, but mostly ups. The flotsam and jetsam that surface every so often generally float downstream with the rest of the garbage.
This is my house all decorated for the Christmas holidays (2005). My husband likes to go "all out". You won't see our 6 ft. drummer as he was stolen the first night out. : ( Bah Humbug to the thieves!
These are my Boston Terriers, the first American breed of dogs. They are known as "the American Gentleman" for their sweet, yet proud personality. Molly (on the left) and Lucy (on the right).
This was taken last September on her 13th birthday. The hair is hiding the horns and the 666 on her scalp. Nah, not really. Well..sometimes....
I'm kissing my niece, Allison, who was my flower girl. Can you believe she is a beautiful 27 yr. old now in graduate school? How time does fly....
I was born in Corona, California in 1984...er..74....uhhh..64....Oh, OKAY! 1954. Wasn't I a cute baby? Don't ask me what happened...
Dad was in the Air Force and we moved north of San Francisco just after I was born, then to Frankfurt, Germany when I was 4. Dad retired while we were stationed in Nashville, TN and we moved to just outside Seattle, WA when I was 12. When I was 13 we moved back to California where I lived till 1990 when we moved here to Portland.
Now, wasn't that just thrilling info? Check back and find out the next exciting chapter on where I move to.
This is my dad circa 1954, the year I was born, at Travis AFB, CA. He passed away July 10, 2003. He was a great father, an even greater grandfather, and is sorely missed.
This is one of my favorite pictures of my husband, Steve. We were having a beer on the roof of the Samaritaine Dept Store (one of my favorite views of Paris). Down girls, he's all mine.....
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 30 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Stacyh and domenicococozza are now friends.
- Commented on Darby2's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: I hope there will be an..."
- updated a Europe Travelogue "River Cruise cont'd...Durnstein"
- Wrote a Review Brew pub with an atmosphere about Brew/Food in Portland Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gasoline/Petrol prices soar"
updated their Personal Page "Gasoline/Petrol prices soar"
Top 5 Pages
- Portland 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Europe Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos