"Down South @ Albany" Albany by FOotFetish
Albany Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 528 photos
Albany is the heart of Great Southern Region and was the first town settled by the Europeans in Western Australia. It is renowed for its seafood , great coastal lines,war-time monument and heritage sites.
Albany's whaling port was the last to be closed and now operates as a museum. Enjoy breathtaking views from vantage points such as Mt Clarence, Mt Melville or Royal Princess Fortess.Browse through numerous craft shops or take a leisurely bush walk through the national parks or wildflowers sightseeing.Other activities include fishing or whale cruising.
Generally, it's like a big country town. Lots of people have bought houses and I would say, prefect place for retirement.
- Pros:No hustle bustle traffic
- Cons:3-6hours journey from Perth
- In a nutshell:Big country town??
I followed Joe and stayed at his mom's place in Albany...which means I've got free accomodation! Don't be... more travel advice
FOotFetish's Related Pages
Albany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Albany - The Rainbow Coast"
- "A L B A N Y"
- "Albany and a Wild Aussirose Story"
- "Albany, an adventure waiting to happen."
- "Albany - a city on the southern coast of WA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albany
- Hotels in Albany
- Transportation in Albany
- Nightlife in Albany
- Restaurants in Albany
- Warnings and Dangers in Albany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albany
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Albany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albany
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 62 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Adelaide Intro, 24 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Northam Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Subiaco Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Serpentine Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Lancelin Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Albany Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos