"Gateway to the Bodensee" Konstanz by phred1910

Konstanz Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 793 photos

Throw a dart at the Map

In my true nature, I had a couple of extra days in Germany with no idea what to do. I pulled out my trusty Hertz map and decided that Konstanz looked like a good place to spend a day. Boy was I right.

Wandering

After a brief walk around the Centrum (It was Sunday, so most stores were closed), I wandered down to the harbor.

First stop was at a beer hall to quench my thirst.

My travelling luck continues to hold as it was a beautiful day.

I then wandered over to Switzerland - just to say that I did.

Then I took a tour of the harbor - which, while a little boring, gives one an idea of what is around.

Hotel Row

After getting back, I wandered through a park where a Reggae concert was going on. From there I walked out of town along a walking path that passed several beautiful looking hotels and over a finger of the Rhein river. Really a nice walk, and there are beaches on which to take a break or have a snack. Don't be surprised if you see some clothing optional places - I did.

• Pros:The area around the Bodensee
  • In a nutshell:Where else can you walk along the beach and find yourself in another country (Switzerland)
  • Last visit to Konstanz: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2002

• Jan 7, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Good to see you enjoyed this place. And: I do know what Imperia actually was...

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 5:03 PM

I had a really nice day in Konstanz, too, but I missed the clothing-optional spots! I guess it was too cold for that when I was there ; )

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 2:25 AM

a beautiful place on the huge lake!

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2003 at 8:28 AM

Russ thanks for sharing the info. We wait for more to come about Konstanz. Best Wishes from Pakistan.

phred1910

“What would you do if you knew you wouldn't fail”

Badges & Stats in Konstanz

Have you been to Konstanz?

Latest Activity in Konstanz