"Gateway to the Bodensee" Konstanz by phred1910
Konstanz Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 793 photos
In my true nature, I had a couple of extra days in Germany with no idea what to do. I pulled out my trusty Hertz map and decided that Konstanz looked like a good place to spend a day. Boy was I right.
After a brief walk around the Centrum (It was Sunday, so most stores were closed), I wandered down to the harbor.
First stop was at a beer hall to quench my thirst.
My travelling luck continues to hold as it was a beautiful day.
I then wandered over to Switzerland - just to say that I did.
Then I took a tour of the harbor - which, while a little boring, gives one an idea of what is around.
After getting back, I wandered through a park where a Reggae concert was going on. From there I walked out of town along a walking path that passed several beautiful looking hotels and over a finger of the Rhein river. Really a nice walk, and there are beaches on which to take a break or have a snack. Don't be surprised if you see some clothing optional places - I did.
- Pros:The area around the Bodensee
- In a nutshell:Where else can you walk along the beach and find yourself in another country (Switzerland)
The walk along the shore of the Bodensee from Switzerland looping around along the beer hall, through town and out along... more travel advice
phred1910's Related Pages
Konstanz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Konstanz - Old Town Surprise"
- "Konstanz - beautiful setting and charming old town"
- "KONSTANZ (Constance)"
- "Welcome to my hometown Konstanz"
- "South Germany"
- "Konstanz & Bodensee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Konstanz
- Hotels in Konstanz
- Transportation in Konstanz
- Nightlife in Konstanz
- Restaurants in Konstanz
- Shopping in Konstanz
- Warnings and Dangers in Konstanz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Konstanz
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Konstanz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Konstanz
Photos in KonstanzSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Schwäbisch Gmünd Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munising Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antibes Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Grainau Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ehrwald Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kitzbühel Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.