"Rome, if you want to (apologies to the B-52's)" Rome by phred1910
Rome Travel Guide: 12,318 reviews and 27,691 photos
Truer words haven't been spoken. The amount of history and artifacts in this town are staggering. It's history dates back to 753BC. You could spend days at each one of the sites around the city and still not see everything. I hope my travelogue will help guide you on a quick two day trip of Rome. I am sure that I missed some things - but there is always next time.
One of my favorite hobbies is eating - and trust me when I say you won't go hungry in Rome. My advice is to find a quieter section of town and then wander down the back alleys until you find a more local restaurant of the type that I describe. The food seems to taste better the less of your native tongue you hear.
The passion, the joi de vie, the laid back attitude.......the inability to speak without using hands (a problem I share).....I could spend hours observing the locals in their element.
- Pros:History, food, people
- Cons:Too many tourists, crazy drivers, heat
- In a nutshell:Staggering
Well actually, despite what the country music song might say, it can be a problem. To enter St. Peter's Basilica and... more travel advice
Look around and see the intricacy of the details on and around this building. The building also contains the tomb of... more travel advice
phred1910's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "weekends in Rome"
- "La Città Dei Sette Colli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 50 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
- updated a Rome Travel Page "Rome, if you want to (apologies to the B-52's)"
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Coming to Barcelona"
- Wrote a Review No shirt, no shoes, no problem about Proper Clothing in Rome Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "No shirt, no shoes, no problem"
- Commented on one of Packerman's Rome travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Schwäbisch Gmünd Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munising Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antibes Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Ehrwald Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grainau Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kitzbühel Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.