"Lake Naivasha and ElsaMere Camp" Lake Naivasha by samitbabu
Lake Naivasha Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 259 photos
Nairobi is about 45 kilometers from Maimahiu ( a small town on the way to Masai Mara). From MMU, the road branches off left towards Lake Naivasha and the distance is is about 35 kilometers into Naivasha town.
The town of Naivasha is about 2 kilometers further up from this T-Junction from where the picturesque road branches off again and leads us to Naivasha Lake.
The distance from this T-Junction to ElsaMere Camp ( where we stayed) on the slopes of Lake Naivasha is about 14 kilometers and takes about 12-15 minutes of a picturesque drive to reach.
The roadsides are dotted by Flower Nurseries and Greenhouses, and a few Worker and Labour Camps. Some more resorts and hotels also can be seen on either side of the road.
Elsamere Camp is the place in Naivasha to stay in Nhas conveniently placed log houses around a central dining and meeting area.
The cabins are named after the animals which have been reared by Joy Adamson and family.
Well, it was a damp and slightly chilly November morning , when we broke off from the Hihgway and took the road that leads to Lake Naivasha, heading to our booking for the night at Elsamere Camp.
The camp is about 14 Kms from the highway running down from Nairobi-Maimahiu and offers a fantastic view of the adjoining LAke
Elsamere camp which has been created by Joy Adamson is now a weel known wildlife conservation house.
It offers knowledge and insight into wildlife conservation and is frequently visited by schools and its studentsfrom the region.
Therecamp has wings for showcasing the efforts made my Joy Adamson and its trust members, and has a section for meeting/convention etc.
It offers a great walk through its forests and lawns for nature viewing and practical learning.
The camp offers full and half board accomodation. The full board accomodation offers a sumptous continental breakfast , lunch, high tea dinner with Tea/cofee and lemonade available most of the day.
Food quality is good and attendants are very courteous.
Do not venture out at night inside Elsamere camp and try to stay indoors, whether it is inside your room or the main... more travel advice
The camp , with its abundant greenery enveloping it from all sides, the continuous flow of birds in and around, the... more travel advice
samitbabu's Related Pages
Lake Naivasha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hell's Gate and other-worldly experiences ..."
- "Lake Naivasha"
- "Lake Naivasha National Park."
- "Bird watching at Lake Naivasha"
- "Lake Naivasha"
- "Victors Mowing"
- "Lake Naivasha - Another Jewell in Kenyas crown."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Naivasha
- Hotels in Lake Naivasha
- Nightlife in Lake Naivasha
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Naivasha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Naivasha
- 8 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lake Naivasha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Naivasha
Top 10 Pages
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 20 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lake Naivasha Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Island Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Paros Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Kenya Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Delphi Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos