"Rudraprayag" Rudraprayag by samitbabu
Rudraprayag Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 7 photos
Rudraprayag rivers is one of the most important towns of the Garhwal Himalayas and is the district headquarters too.
The Mandakini river originates from Kedarnath region while the Alaknanda originates from Badrinath. Rudraprayag is the prayag or the meeting place of these two rivers.
Rudraprayag is at a height of about 4200 Ft above sea level. It is well connected to all other Garhwal towns and also to Hardwar and Rishikesh by bus and local routes.
Hardwar is about 160 Kms while Rishikesh is about 140 Kms from Rudraprayag.
The local buses ply from Hardwar / Rishikesh and takes about 5.5 / 5 hrs to reach here.
From Rudraprayag it is possible to find direct local and express bus routes to both Kedar and Badrinath.
It takes about 4 hours to reach kedarnath and about 5 to reach Badrinath.
One can also hire jeeps and personal cars to these places from here.
A walk of about a couple of Kilometers from the town centre is the Koteshwara temple. the temple can be reached by... more travel advice
samitbabu's Related Pages
Rudraprayag Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Rudraprayag
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Rudraprayag?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rudraprayag
Photos in RudraprayagSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 20 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lake Naivasha Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Island Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Paros Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Kenya Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Delphi Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos