"Studying @ UAF - University of Alaska Fairbanks" Top 5 Page for this destination Fairbanks by Scandic
Fairbanks Travel Guide: 325 reviews and 552 photos
It is always good to move to change the point of view. I knew that I wanted to spend one year as an exchange student abroad, but it was pretty hard to choose the place. Finally I choosed Alaska, University of Alaska Fairbanks. Man, it was a good decision! Despite many sceptic opinions that I heard from people around me, I'm so glad that I choosed what I wanted to.
Of course it iwas much more expensive to study there than in Europe, but I met so wonderful people and waking up early in the morning...opening the curtains and seeing Mt McKinley...that was REALLY something. Plus the summer it was unforgetable.
I was studying and living at the same place, campus. That area is pretty interesting and style of studyind varies lot of Europe. Located near mountains and forrest, you might see wild animals just behind the corner. Even this is not so different than Finland is, I like the feeling of wilderness. Air is quite dry there in Fairbanks, it is not winding at all. So the 'cold' doesn't feel that cold. Or everything is how you tolerate it...I had some -55F days there...but it wasn't that bad as it is sometimes in Finladn because of sea breeze.
May is say, the downtown of Fairbanks is ugly. Ok, it is even uglier than I expected..
But the nature beats it and I don't have to visit there so often anyway.
Another amazing thing in Fairbansk are people. Thos truly friendly creatures which make you feel so wellcomed and home. I miss the people there so much. I don't know would I have ever survive the coldest days without those people. Everywhere I went, I met just friendly Fairbanksans. They say it is because of the harsh nature conditions, which makes people help each and other.
I miss You All!!!!!
- Pros:Extremely friendly people
- In a nutshell:It is Alaska
If you visit at UAF, check out this coffee shop at the corner of Uni Ave and College Road. I just spend 3 hours there on... more travel advice
This is not in Fairbanks, it is in North Pole, but I tell it here anyway. Santa's House, omigod, don't go there. This... more travel advice
- See All Campus Shuttle
- See All Sport equipments and clothes
- Wood Center at UAF
Scandic's Related Pages
Fairbanks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fairbanks: The Golden Heart of Alaska"
- "Fairbanks - The Golden Heart of Alaska"
- "Studying @ UAF - University of Alaska Fairbanks"
- "Fairbanks, April 2004"
- "Golden Heart City"
- "Cabin Life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fairbanks
- Hotels in Fairbanks
- Transportation in Fairbanks
- Nightlife in Fairbanks
- Restaurants in Fairbanks
- Shopping in Fairbanks
- Warnings and Dangers in Fairbanks
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fairbanks
- 21 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Fairbanks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fairbanks
- updated a Fairbanks Travel Page "Studying @ UAF - University of Alaska Fairbanks"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Studying @ UAF - University of Alaska Fairbanks"
- Posted in Travel Anchorage Forum "RE: RE: Living In Anchorage"
- Commented on one of Stephen-KarenConn's Fairbanks travel pages
- Wrote a Review College Coffehouse in Fairbanks Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Alaska Intro, 47 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Helsinki Intro, 50 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 40 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 31 reviews, 27 photos
- Finland Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huntington Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fairbanks Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Porvoo Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Cordova Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos