"Iceland, a small country with big heart" Reykjavík Region by Scandic
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide: 1,524 reviews and 3,959 photos
Iceland is mostly known of its horses, Bjork's music as wellas her style, vulcanos, glaciers and the uique location in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. For me it is located in my heart, deeply there actually.
I lived for five months in Reykjavik in year 1999. It was unforgetable time there. Iceland is so beautiful country and the nature is so amazing. Ok, weather is mostly bad, but the people compares that. Reykjavik is a real party town but just outside of it there's nothing else than stones and ice. I'd love to travel back to Iceland as soon as I got a chance again. Hopefully soon.
I was only eighteen, when I spent my time in Iceland. I was just developing to be 'my traveller ego', so I preferred different things than I do now. I wasn't so interested in much more Iceland than Rreykjavik itself (and Icelandic guys there...;)), beside fortunately I made some trips too. Now if I'll go back, I would absolutely visit at Akureyri and other side of country. But I cannot blame just my 18 year party mood, travelling in Island is not cheap, even by car...You cannot know road conditions, so flights are most safety way to travel and yes, far too expensive too.
I loved the fresh air and wind in Iceland. I just loved to walk there at coast and feel the amazingly fresh air blowing in my hair. I admired all those beautiful houses near sea and their wonderful backyards. And I was only half mile away from trendy downtown.
While I'm writing this right now, I still feel so strongly that tears are almost falling. I miss my lovely time there so much that I really want hardly to go back and see how things has been changed there since my visit. Iceland, I miss you.
I was so fascinated about my trip there and sometimes I wonder how brave I was when I was younger. I just took the plane and flought there, even knowing anyone or anything. But it was a great trip and it really made me what I am right now, vagabond.
- Pros:Fresh air, friendly people, gorgeous nature
- Cons:High prices
Did you booked a trans-continental flight over Atlantic via Icelandair? Did they offered you a one or two night staying... more travel advice
Well, everybody can decide is this a trap or not. I think it is an interesting film to watch, when you cannot really... more travel advice
- See All Nelly´s Café - nightclub
- See All Good location, reasonable price
- See All MY HOME!!!!!!!!
- See All Non-smoking bar
- Public transportation
Scandic's Related Pages
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iceland - in winter!"
- "Reykjavik 101"
- "Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page"
- "Reykjavik - wonderland :)"
- "Iceland, a small country with big heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík Region
- Hotels in Reykjavík Region
- Transportation in Reykjavík Region
- Nightlife in Reykjavík Region
- Restaurants in Reykjavík Region
- Shopping in Reykjavík Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík Region
- 22 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Reykjavík Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík Region
- Posted in Travel Anchorage Forum "RE: RE: Living In Anchorage"
- Wrote a Review Staying for a few days only? in Reykjavík Region Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Staying for a few days only?"
- updated a Reykjavík Region Travel Page "Iceland, a small country with big heart"
- Commented on one of tvdm's Reykjavík Region travel pages
Photos in Reykjavík RegionSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Alaska Intro, 47 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Helsinki Intro, 50 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 40 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 31 reviews, 27 photos
- Finland Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huntington Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fairbanks Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Porvoo Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Cordova Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
Top Reykjavík Region hotels
- Reykjavík Hotels
- 866 Reviews - 2882 Photos