"niina's homepages" Scandic's Profile

Back from Alaska again!

It has been a busy year of traveling. Past 12 months I have conquered Germany, Japan, Latvia, Sweden, Thailand, Maleysia, Estonia and now again my beloved Alaska. Still heading to Poland and (very likely) China this coming Fall/Winter.

Alaska was once again just wonderful. Met a bear on a trail! How cool is that. It was luckily just a black bear, so not a huge one.

I miss my AK already.

Good Moments to Lean On

I guess I discovered the treasures of traveling already one my first trip to abroad as a child. I was lucky to be able to travel to abroad with my friend's family back then. The spark attached to my soul and my first trip alone I did when I was 16. Then my life has been based on traveling. I enjoy regular daily life home, but what keeps me shining are the trips.

I won't ever stop exploring.

To be coming soon:

Poland
China

The places I have been recently:

July 2007, Alaska US

Peru
Makedonia
Kenya

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

I am a member of SGI, Soka Gakkai International, that is a worldwide Buddhist association.

SGI is a Buddhist network that actively promotes peace, culture and education
through personal change and social contribution.

Not born, but Alaska grown

I was so lucky when I got a chance to live an year in Alaska, United States. That year was full of new things, friends, miracles and learning. Even I left AK some four months ago, there are still days when I miss it like crazy. The beauty of it, the friendship of Alaskans, the powerful nature, everything.

It was good but sometimes a bit difficult life there. The nature can be very challenging and then, even the best place cannot hide your problems. I think I did a lot growing there (not just my waist line because of peanut butter, but inside too...) what comes to life and relationships.
The summer itself was awesome and even I liked Fairbanks a lot, Anchorage has a special place in my heart. The life there was simple said, unforgetable, so good, so goooood. What ever the future will bring me, one day, if I can, I wanna be an Alaskan again, even just for a moment.

Finland

My roots are deep in Finnish ground and I am (sort of) proud of it. I love to explore this spectacular planet called Earth and all the wonders of it, but I won't ever forget where I am coming from.

Finland is an unique country between East and West and our history has made our characteristic very different than other Scandinavians. But then in another way, the Scandinavia itself feels like a 'home' and there is a reason why we are one of the Nordic Countries.

• Intro Updated Jul 20, 2007

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:00 AM

Happy Birthday greetings from the Netherlands. PJ

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Hyvaa syntymapaivaa Niina and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Happy Birthday, Niina! Enjoy your day.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Moi Niina! Mitä kuuluu? Hyvää syntymäpäivää! Terveiset Italiasta, Michele

• Jan 6, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Wow! Yasmin your incredible. Looks like your having the time of your life

• bungalow_bill49504's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2008 at 7:04 PM

You certainly love travelling and have some great pics.

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 5:43 AM

Your next trip? Make it really unique! It's not too late to attend WM08 - Jerusalem, Tel Aviv & Dead- Sea on 25- 28th Sept (+Petra 29-30th). We want to double the num of attendees to 100! Click to learn where, when, what, how, how much! Avi [FruitLover].

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Wow, incessant travelling and lovely, lovely pictures

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM

Hi beautiful pics of Mastumoto castle. Have never been there. Glad that your group had a good and significant time in Japan.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Scandic's Profile Photo

Scandic

“A chance meeting with a stranger may change your life.”

Real Name