"niina's homepages" Scandic's Profile
It has been a busy year of traveling. Past 12 months I have conquered Germany, Japan, Latvia, Sweden, Thailand, Maleysia, Estonia and now again my beloved Alaska. Still heading to Poland and (very likely) China this coming Fall/Winter.
Alaska was once again just wonderful. Met a bear on a trail! How cool is that. It was luckily just a black bear, so not a huge one.
I miss my AK already.
I guess I discovered the treasures of traveling already one my first trip to abroad as a child. I was lucky to be able to travel to abroad with my friend's family back then. The spark attached to my soul and my first trip alone I did when I was 16. Then my life has been based on traveling. I enjoy regular daily life home, but what keeps me shining are the trips.
I won't ever stop exploring.
To be coming soon:
The places I have been recently:
July 2007, Alaska US
June 2007, Estonia
April 2007, backpacking in Thailand & Maleysia
March 2007 Sweden
September 2006, Riga, Latvia
June-July 2006, Backpacking in Japan
May 2006, Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
July 2005, Luleå, Sweden
May-June 2005, Backpacking in Cuba
January 2005, Luleå, Sweden
In my dreams:
I am a member of SGI, Soka Gakkai International, that is a worldwide Buddhist association.
SGI is a Buddhist network that actively promotes peace, culture and education
through personal change and social contribution.
I was so lucky when I got a chance to live an year in Alaska, United States. That year was full of new things, friends, miracles and learning. Even I left AK some four months ago, there are still days when I miss it like crazy. The beauty of it, the friendship of Alaskans, the powerful nature, everything.
It was good but sometimes a bit difficult life there. The nature can be very challenging and then, even the best place cannot hide your problems. I think I did a lot growing there (not just my waist line because of peanut butter, but inside too...) what comes to life and relationships.
The summer itself was awesome and even I liked Fairbanks a lot, Anchorage has a special place in my heart. The life there was simple said, unforgetable, so good, so goooood. What ever the future will bring me, one day, if I can, I wanna be an Alaskan again, even just for a moment.
My roots are deep in Finnish ground and I am (sort of) proud of it. I love to explore this spectacular planet called Earth and all the wonders of it, but I won't ever forget where I am coming from.
Finland is an unique country between East and West and our history has made our characteristic very different than other Scandinavians. But then in another way, the Scandinavia itself feels like a 'home' and there is a reason why we are one of the Nordic Countries.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 373 Reviews
- 466 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- Uploaded a Photo to "New Year's VT meeting in Helsinki"
- Scandic and Toby_Swiss are now friends.
- updated a Fairbanks Travel Page "Studying @ UAF - University of Alaska Fairbanks"
updated their Profile Page "niina's homepages"
- Commented on sinoda's profile page
- Wrote a Review Traditional German department store in Cologne Shopping
- Posted in Travel Anchorage Forum "RE: RE: Living In Anchorage"
Top 10 Pages
- Alaska Intro, 47 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Helsinki Intro, 50 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 40 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 31 reviews, 27 photos
- Finland Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huntington Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fairbanks Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Porvoo Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Cordova Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos