"Eisenhüttenstadt" Eisenhüttenstadt by Sympathisant
Eisenhüttenstadt Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 23 photos
Eisenhüttenstadt is planned.
The "old" centre is looking like a chess-board from above. Still, somehow all ways seem to lead you to the main gates of the huge steel factory that gave the city its name.
The City was started in the same time like the steel works, in the early fifties of the last century.
Then, still the spirit of building Germany up again was strong and the communist administration was eager to show its superiority to the West. That was the reason to build a whole city and a whole steel works plant out of nothing within few years.
Where now is the town 52 years ago was nothing but forests.
and so on...
look up General Tips for a brief history!
and ask me, if you are interested!
- In a nutshell:the first socialistic town on German ground
this is where that creek springs more travel advice
Sympathisant's Related Pages
Eisenhüttenstadt Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Eisenhüttenstadt
- 21 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Eisenhüttenstadt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eisenhüttenstadt
Top 10 Pages
- Eisenhüttenstadt Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Siauliai Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Pristina Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prilep 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Judetul Maramures Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Krakow Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Skopje 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zagreb 1 photo, 1 travelogue
- Belgrade 1 photo, 1 travelogue