"Ben's Page" biljah's Profile
This is climb is approximately 6,000 feet high and is roughly a 5/9 in difficulty. Most of the climb involves hiking with various spots to climb. There are plenty of cliffs, places to rest, walk around, and then get back to climbing. I lived in Saltillo Coahuila Mexico for a year. While I was there I came to discover quite a few places to climb. The climbs are located in the mountains about an hours drive from Monterrey Mexico.
During the the 2nd world war Americans actually had their tanks and troops stationed at this castle. The castle is open to the public for tours. The Original part of the castle is open for everyone to see. There is a closed off section where a wealthy family actually lives. I went to a few castles and this one was by far the most pleasurable of all the ones that I had visited.
Ok so everyone who goes to London has this same picture, but so what, its a great shot of Parliment. London is a facinating city, from the double decker buses to the historical stomping grounds of royalty in Buckinham Palace. I was also lucky enough to be there during the Queens 50th Jubilee.
The cliffs of Moher were used in the movie Princes Bride. This is where they climb up the side of this massive cliff, then they partake in a sword fight at the top. It was pooring rain when I was here (go figure Rain in Ireland). The greenest place on earth I think! At over 700 feet tall It was amazing to overlook the ocean and to see the waves crash against the huge rocks. We were with some locals, and their custom was to hit golf balls from the top of these cliffs. They say "its one of the easiest place on earth to drive 500 yards".
The grounds of the castle we stayed in.The catstle was in Scotland just outside the city of glascow. The river and bridge made me feel as if I had traveled back in time into an era with out steel bridges or pre fabricated houses. the Castle is called Cross Basket Castle, because before the bridge, people would come across in a basket ,and get pulled over in the river by a rope. All of scotland seemed to have a huge rug of moss coted grass that never seem to be dried out. It was the softest greenest dewy filled grass I have ever witnessed.
We hiked up this mountain to take a picture of the Edinbourgh Castle and this fantastic city! The city is actualy quite large, but the old world feel made it seem very small and inviting. The popular dish is their Hagis Neeps and Tatties. Which is some sort of mixture of sheep intestine. needless to say I didn't enjoy the Hagis, but don't let me stop you it's worth a shot!
The city is over 400 years old. It was colinized by the Spanards. Two different indian civiliziations worked along side the spanards to build it. This is a government building with various art pieces inside for the public to view. The city has a vast array of helenistic style architectural buildings.
Wow, what can I say! Imagine 200 blocks of sky scrapers and you're starting to get an idea. Central Park, Time Square, The Statue of Liberty, The Empire State Building, and so much more. I have been to New York City a few times, but I want to go back and spend more than a few hours next time. New York is my all time favorite city. My pictures do not do it justice by any means. If you look to my far right the Twin Towers are there. You can only see one of them but the other tower is behind the first one. NY is a strong city with Strong people, and nothing will every change that. My heart and prayers go out to the people of NY, and May God bless that city forever!!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 95 Reviews
- 179 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on biljah's profile page
- biljah and Biljana are now friends.
- updated a Niagara Falls Travel Page "Niagara Falls"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dallas Texas"
updated their Personal Page "My favorite Poem by Robert Frost"
- Wrote a Review The Calamari Tacos and Jerk Frits are amazing! in Dallas Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Manchester Bridge Forum "Manchester Bridge!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Querétaro Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Boston Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Saltillo Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos