"Australia" Australia by craic
Australia Travel Guide: 45,796 reviews and 117,302 photos
This sort of country often burns. But it comes back quickly. It needs to burn to regenerate.
When I say often, I am talking about 1939, then in 1964.
A lillipilli tree. You can buy jams and jellies made of this fruit in the more up market gifte shoppes. What we call bush tucker. I think it is utterly delicious and has a flavour like nothing else on earth - that I have ever tasted.
My husband and daughter did a bush tucker tour while at Uluru. They got to eat other bush tucker like - witchetty grubs, honey ants.
Here is a link to a site which will tell you about some of the commoner bush tucker. You might come upon some of these in restaurants. Like wattle seed ice cream. Or emu steaks flavoured with kurrajong flowers.
Macademia nuts are of course indigenous to Australia.
I once bought some bread at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney that had been baked by monks with a kind of wild bush pepper in it. Delicious and unusual.
One of the Glasshouse Mountains (I think it is Mt Tibrogargan) in the Glasshouse Mountains National Park. Up past Brisbane.
The red earth, the rows of pineapples, and the beautiful monoliths.
- Pros:Huge country, lots of empty space to wander around and get lost in.
- Cons:Takes forever to get anywhere.
- In a nutshell:It suits me. Just wish it would rain a bit more. Send it down, Huey.
... can we see kangas in the wild? And I reply - Well, you see, the thing about kangas and wallabys is they are a bit... more travel advice
You may come upon an injured wild animal. You may even have one run out in front of your car and be unable to avoid... more travel advice
Written Feb 23, 2010
Wildlife - Reptile and Spider Warning
Written Mar 14, 2008
craic's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 113 Reviews
- 408 Photos
- 819 Forum posts
- 28 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Two young French people in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wildlife - Reptile and Spider Warning"
- updated a Australia Travelogue "Wildlife - Reptile and Spider Warning"
- Commented on one of zanzooni's Australia travel pages
- Wrote a Review Tourists often ask me .... in Australia Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (250)
Top Australia hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 836 Reviews - 1796 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5768 Reviews - 13444 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3371 Reviews - 7591 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2291 Reviews - 4821 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 979 Reviews - 2129 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 866 Reviews - 2193 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1645 Reviews - 3655 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 886 Reviews - 2275 Photos
- Geelong Hotels
- 318 Reviews - 667 Photos
- Caloundra Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 113 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 417 Photos
- Coffs Harbour Hotels
- 250 Reviews - 567 Photos
- Airlie Beach Hotels
- 186 Reviews - 727 Photos