"Fiasco in Bogliasco?" Bogliasco by craic

Bogliasco Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 28 photos

No not at all. It is great.
Liguria Study Centre

The view from our bedroom window.

The Mediterranean was very wild for a couple of days. These surfers at the Bogliasco beach - well - I am glad I am not their mother. It was scarey stuff.

The train line passes right underneath our villa. When I received the three pages (in Italian) about the Fellowship the only thing I was struggling to understand was the earthquakes we might experience. Seemed odd. Until I worked out that because the trains pass underneath we might think we were having tremors. It's not too bad. After a couple of weeks when there was a sciopero and no trains for a bit I noticed they were missing - but otherwise they didn't disturb me much.

• Pros:Very pretty and quaint.
  • Cons:Very steep.
  • In a nutshell:Just another of those gorgeous seaside villages.
  • Intro Updated Feb 7, 2008

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Your comments bring the life the realism of life in Liguria and its everyday interaction with the locals. I do not need a haircut that bad when over there to go through the hassles.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Ah yes, love the personal touch. Cheers, Ian

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Why I love Italy? Only in Italy - there's a law re no smoking - but, OK, you can smoke w/consent of everyone else there!! <(•¿•)>

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Hello, Jennifer ! I enjoy reading your travel stories! Thanks for your page!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Bravo! Another really amusing Italian adventure here. LOL! I would love to visit Italy with you- what a hoot that would be. Gianni sounds like quite a character.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Haha, to live over a train must be a special experience! Excellent tips on barber, doctor and pharmacist!

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Enjoyed your tips as well as the humour in most of them

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 8:03 AM

I enjoyed reading your stories. My doctor has never told me I had a chest full of cats, but he's Iranian not Italian.

• Jan 18, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Hi there. Not much has changed. We began our year of living in Italy in Bogga, be prepared for the hills. Now living in Pieve Ligure for around a year. Spectacular place. Off the beaten track and one fo the few places which has a surf break.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Your descriptions and insights really paint the day-to-day of Bogliasco. I've been lots of places in Italy, but had not even heard about Bogliasco.

Badges & Stats in Bogliasco

Have you been to Bogliasco?

Latest Activity in Bogliasco