"You can't go wrong if you visit Lecce" Top 5 Page for this destination Lecce by craic
Lecce Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 198 photos
I have never been anywhere like this before. So sleepy and yet so bustling and lively. So beautiful in its own special way. I was absolutely charmed by it. Although there are tourists - there are not hordes of them. None of the locals seemed at all touristed out. I received marvellous friendliness and helpfulness from everyone I met or had anything to do with. Perfect manners. And great pride in their little city.
Laid back charm. And after living in Rome I really noticed the clean streets, the lack of homeless and beggars. I saw a busker or two - but that's fair enough.
Also I noticed the streets were so uncluttered by cars. People were walking or biking.
That creates such a relaxing ambience.
And this is what most of the tourists come for. The beautiful architecture (Spanish influenced) in the local honey coloured stone.
- Pros:So beautiful, so friendly.
- Cons:Umm - ah - can't think of one. I never struck one.
- In a nutshell:Much cheaper than in the north.
I can't give you a website for this place - or a photo. But I do assure you there is an Irish Pub called James Joyce (no... more travel advice
I had dinner here one night with a big party. Including the Irish Ambassador and his wife. (They were staying, of... more travel advice
craic's Related Pages
Lecce Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pearl of the Baroque"
- "The homeland of the "Barocco Leccese""
- "My town"
- "You can't go wrong if you visit Lecce"
- "Lecce the puglia baroque capital"
- "Lecce: Heat and Light"
- "work in progress"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lecce
- Hotels in Lecce
- Transportation in Lecce
- Nightlife in Lecce
- Restaurants in Lecce
- Shopping in Lecce
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lecce
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Lecce?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lecce
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos