"To quote from the brochure -" San Fruttuoso by craic

San Fruttuoso Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 51 photos

"- this is one of the precious stones blonging to the Unesco. Set in a suggestive bay it is a small village of fishermen who make turism their main occupation."

It is bog old. Built a very long time ago. And round about here the Christ of the Abyss was submerged at 17 metres.

We did it for the walk. My husband sometimes says - There would be nothing wrong with Italy if all the religious sites and artefacts were removed.
Now he is going way too far - because this abbey is sweetly pretty and obviously anciently venerable.
But we did do it for the walk.

• Pros:Secluded.
  • Cons:Secluded.
  • In a nutshell:So old! Amazing!
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2009

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Another vivid page, like short stories. Have a great New Year!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2009 at 12:44 AM

OK, your husband goes on the ballot here - even Berlusconi would vote for him! <(•¿•)>

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I had to smile when I read about your feelings on the walk- my husband is super-fit but I also run out of puff. I always get a lecture on my bad habits. You know what I mean lol ???Anyway- the sea looks pretty.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Please, don't remove all religious sites of Italy, haha! Some have WCs!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 5:32 PM

What a precise, step-by-step description of your adventures. We loved the area so much, we went back when my husband's sister came to visit us.

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2008 at 1:47 PM

nice page - been to SML 4 times, but never SF. You certainly did NOT want to walk to P Vetta or Ruta, way up the mountains. We have driven both there and Portofino from SML, fun driving. Nice pictures. N.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Jennifer, I see it was a great trip. Those pretty places... Thanks for sharing!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Great photos Jen and as always an interesting read...

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM

great littel page. i've still not made it to this corner yet !

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2007 at 10:12 PM

San Fruttuoso is a place I missed last time unfortunately !

Badges & Stats in San Fruttuoso

Have you been to San Fruttuoso?

Latest Activity in San Fruttuoso