"Down by the Hungaroa River" Martinborough by craic
Martinborough Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 38 photos
I lived here for a couple of years back in the late 70s. The rent was $6 a week. No mod cons. It was called Honey Cottage - because one of the previous tenants had kept bees. There were still bees in the bathroom roof.
When I left I abandoned my shell collection down by the Hungaroa.
I RETURNED WITH MY SON TO LOOK AT MARTINBOROUGH IN 2008. BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH THIS PAGE I WILL MAKE A NEW WAIRAPA PAGE AND POST A LINK TO IT HERE.
- Pros:The rent was $6 a week.
- Cons:I had to leave.
- In a nutshell:Martinborough has changed a lot I think.
A charming old place. One portion built in the 1890's - one grander portion added in the 1920s. It was empty too. The... more travel advice
One of the men who was adapting Honey Cottage to become the smoko room for the toilers in the vineyard - being planted -... more travel advice
craic's Related Pages
Martinborough Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Martinborough
- Hotels in Martinborough
- Restaurants in Martinborough
- Shopping in Martinborough
- Warnings and Dangers in Martinborough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Martinborough
- 18 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Martinborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martinborough
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos