"Super little place" Petone by craic
Petone Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 64 photos
Petone used to be very down at heel but now it is on the up and up. But still an eclectic mix. This church for instance is now St David's Multicultural Parish. That tells you a lot.
Good shopping, great little cafes and restaurants, laidback ambience, civic pride.
Petone is transcending its working class roots. But not quite yet. It used to be a dormitory suburb for the Gear Meat Works.
And the beach, with central Wellington just across the harbour, one block down from Jackson Street, which is the main drag.
- Pros:Still an eccentric mix of this and that, plenty of life.
- Cons:A little rough round the edges.
- In a nutshell:A great place to live, maybe commute to Wellington.
This sculpture has water flowing constantly - from the large aquifer underground - and people come from miles around to... more travel advice
I kid you not. As I was strolling Jackson Street I heard people discussing going there, or saying they had been there.... more travel advice
craic's Related Pages
Petone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Super little place"
- "Fish and Chips on the beach"
- "Early Settlers at the End of the Sand Beach"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petone
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Petone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petone
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos