"Getting to know Palmerston North" Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North by craic
Palmerston North Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 92 photos
I'm living for three months in the Square Edge. It's a lovely old building looking out onto the Square so it is right in the thick of things. My flat is at the top and to the back so I don't get a good view of the Square. But I do get to hear the music from the club, which is across the back courtyard from me, every Friday and Saturday night. So my spot isn't the quietest spot in the world. But luckily I am a night owl and can just groove along. I quite like Abba.
A view of the Square, which is a wonderful amenity. Palmy dubs itself the City Of Roses, and they certainly seem to do well here. But the big Square seems to encourage Palmy to sprawl out a lot. It is not ideal for pedestrians. There's a lot of walking from one place to another. Of course it is flat walking so not too bad. The streets are wide and the cars a little impatient so I wait for the Cross Now sign and they appear to be on a very long setting so one waits and waits and waits.
I will be looking for the small details as well as the big picture while I am here. This little self seeded pansy was by a bed of snapdragons. So obviously last year it was a bed of pansies. And this little beauty is the child of last year.
- Pros:The locals are so relaxed and friendly.
- Cons:They are like Venetians, they go to bed very early. I am expecting to see gondalas in Rangitikei Street.
- In a nutshell:This city has its own flavour and way of being.
A wonderful independent bookshop, known to all in Palmy and far and wide. It is conveniently located next to the library... more travel advice
Once upon a time you would catch the train to Palmy, in fact the train went right through the middle of town. But in the... more travel advice
craic's Related Pages
Palmerston North Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting to know Palmerston North"
- "Heading South"
- "Palmerston North"
- "Palmerston North North Island N.Z."
- "Palmerston North"
- "About Palmerston North"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palmerston North
- Hotels in Palmerston North
- Transportation in Palmerston North
- Nightlife in Palmerston North
- Restaurants in Palmerston North
- Shopping in Palmerston North
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palmerston North
- 14 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Palmerston North?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palmerston North
Photos in Palmerston NorthSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
Latest Palmerston North hotel reviews
- Supreme Motor Lodge Accommodation
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Rydges Palmerston North
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Novotel Palmerston North
- 105 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Best Western Aztec Motel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013
- Kiwi Studios Motel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Legends Motel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Arena Lodge
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013