"Dear old Bundy" Bundanoon by craic
Bundanoon Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 83 photos
I used to live close to this village so spent quite a bit of time here, what with one thing and another.
It used to be mostly famous for its Bundanoon is Brigadoon Highland gathering, but now it has hit the headlines because it has banned bottled water from sale.
Back in the old days before car travel had taken over people from Sydney used to come up here on the train to the Highlands for holidays in the cooler air. There are a few rambling old boarding houses left, some of them have become hostels for people who aren't up to taking care of themselves. Some locals call these people the Bundaloonies and they stroll around in their beanies with their loose dentures and look quite comfortable in the town.
People still come here for holidays but they stay in B&Bs or the Youth Hostel or the fine old mock Tudor Pub or Solar Springs Spa.
craic's Related Pages
Bundanoon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BUNDANOON ? Brigadoon??"
- "My Home Bundanoon NSW"
- "Dear old Bundy"
- "Sleepy, out of the world time town"
- "Relax at Solar Springs"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bundanoon
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Bundanoon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bundanoon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bogliasco Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue