"It's actually Ferntree Gully" Fern Tree Gully by craic
Fern Tree Gully Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos
It used to be Fern Tree Gully yonks ago but it isn't any more. And there is also an Upper Ferntree Gully. But that isn't on the database so I will have to combine them.
They have quite a lot of tourist stuff actually, including the Tourist Information Centre for the Dandedong Ranges.
They are the lowest two suburbs on the mountain, and are in Knox City, not in the Yarra Ranges.
I live just up the hill from them in the next village, Upwey.
This will be a work in progress as I explore their possibilities.
Shane Warne was born in Upper Ferntree Gully in the Angliss Hospital - which I can see the roof of from my back deck. Handy to have a hospital so close - as one marches on in years.
- Pros:Nice place.
- Cons:Nothing wrong with it. Except maybe too many cars rushing through.
- In a nutshell:Not quite the Dandenongs.
Of course, the first thing you should do, as you head up the Burwood Highway to explore the Dandenongs, is stop off here... more travel advice
craic's Related Pages
Fern Tree Gully Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Fern Tree Gully
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Fern Tree Gully?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fern Tree Gully
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bogliasco Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue