"In Sydney Harbour" Fort Denison by craic
Fort Denison Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 16 photos
It's a great half day trip out to this little island in the middle of the harbour. It's called Fort Denison now but it used to be called Pinchgut.
Cadmans Cottage (the oldest house in Sydney) where you pick up your tickets. The ferry leaves from just behind it.
It is next door to the Tourist Info Centre in The Rocks.
There is no shop on the island, only a cafe and you have to prebook for lunch or breakfast.
At 1pm the cannon fires from here that you can hear all over the city. It's very loud up close.
- Pros:Got a lot of history.
- Cons:It's tiny.
- In a nutshell:Might as well have a look.
craic's Related Pages
Fort Denison Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Fort Denison
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Fort Denison?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Denison
Photos in Fort DenisonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bogliasco Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue