"Frankston on the Mornington Peninsula" Frankston by craic
Frankston Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 22 photos
There are many beautiful areas around Frankston - but frankly it is a bit of a hole.
I have heard so many stories about this place - I suppose most of them are urban myths.
My daughter sometimes goes to karaoke night at one of the pubs here - she and her mates call it The Zoo. She tries to describe it to me but somehow I just can't visualise it. I'll have to go and see for myself.
I do know they are trying several ways to keep the area outside the train station free of trouble.
Mounted police people patrolling.
Pumping Vivaldi out of loudspeakers. I think they tried the Beatles too.
AND they sell crocs - woo woo!
UPDATE - I am spending more time in Frankston now I am living in Melbourne and I am beginning to warm to it a bit more.
- Pros:The place has a mighty buzz. No pretensions. No class.
- Cons:Soooooooooooo ugly.
- In a nutshell:I am sure that if you are here that it is purely by accident.
I spent the weekend in Frankston (their first poetry festival) and they put the visiting poets in this lovely apartment.... more travel advice
craic's Related Pages
Frankston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frankston, how I miss the jellyfish"
- "Frankston on the Mornington Peninsula"
- "Around Frankston"
- "Great town south of Melbourne"
- "FRANKSTON CITY BY THE BAY"
- "FAPAS Bus Service"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankston
- Hotels in Frankston
- Restaurants in Frankston
- Shopping in Frankston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankston
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Frankston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankston
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: Rome experts: which is your..."
- updated a Frankston Travel Page "Frankston on the Mornington Peninsula"
- Commented on one of raymondga's Frankston travel pages
- Wrote a Review Well - what do you know...? in Frankston Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Well - what do you know...?"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos