"What a pretty town. Stay safe now." Gembrook by craic
Gembrook Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 31 photos
We took a run out to this pretty little town last week. What a charmer. It is close to the Dandenong Ranges (the Puffing Billy ends up here) but it is over the border and in Gippsland.
Unfortunately it is very close to the Bunyip Forest where there is a fire raging now. Hopefully it will make it - be such a shame to lose it.
Update - After being on the knife edge for weeks Gembrook survived. I went out by bus for a day trip this week (winter) and had a closer look around. The bus trip from Belgrave is very pretty and the town is worth a look. But if you plan a trip in the fire season (October-March) check out there are no fires close by.
- Pros:Prettiest little place.
- Cons:Lot of bush around.
- In a nutshell:Usually a plus lots of bush. But not always.
I have put this charming pub under accomodation but it could just has easily be a Nightlife tip (they have lots of live... more travel advice
And by the entrance to the Bushland Park and the Centenary log - the sad memorial to the war dead. A very plain one here... more travel advice
craic's Related Pages
Gembrook Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Gembrook
- Hotels in Gembrook
- Transportation in Gembrook
- Restaurants in Gembrook
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gembrook
- 9 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Gembrook?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gembrook
Photos in GembrookSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos