"A great place to relax" Langwarrin by craic
Langwarrin Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 17 photos
Langwarrin is on the Mornington Peninsula about half an hour's drive from Melbourne. (According to daughter's bf but his half an hour may be someone else's 50 minutes.)
It's an area that is in transition.
The remnants of small farms with venerable verging on the tumbledown houses and outbuildings, swish new houses with everything that opens and shuts like tennis courts and dressage arenas, modest dwellings, enclaves of suburbia with attendant malls and takeaway shops, and a wide, state of the art highway in construction.
Many of the roads off this new homage to the car are gravel, with rabbits and hawks and snakes and ponies and sheep. If you listen carefully you can just hear the hum of the cars as they flash by to Cranbourne or Frankston.
There is the highway in the distance. A very short walk to the bus stop. But once on the property you are rural. Lovely.
There is room for an exercise track. The weather can be chancy, being Melbourne as it were. And the area is prone to high winds. Luckily this property (12 acres) has old established trees which break the force of it a bit, and they are also great for those stinking hot days. Plus they provide fuel for the wood heater.
- Pros:You can still find a quiet enclave not far from conveniences.
- Cons:The car rules.
- In a nutshell:If you found the right spot it could be a nice place to live. For a little while.
... and Bri was giving one of the young brats a bit of a tune up in the round yard - probably making liberal use of the... more travel advice
I saw another walker out on the highway and he saw me and dodged off across the road risking life and limb. He ran like... more travel advice
craic's Related Pages
Langwarrin Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Langwarrin
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Langwarrin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Langwarrin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos