"Somewhere between Sydney and Canberra." Moss Vale by craic
Moss Vale Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
The train from Goulburn to Sydney is just about to pull into Moss Vale Station.
Moss Vale is on the Southern Highlands of NSW and is named after Jemmy Moss who used to be a shepherd around these parts.
He has a pub named after him as well as a town.
The clock tower in the main drag of Moss Vale. Right by the taxi rank and the station.
Across the road is one of the three pubs. It is called the Moss Vale Hotel. Quite a reasonable place to get a drink or a bite while you are waiting for the train. Though once I missed the last train and stayed the night in the accomodation upstairs. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. The single swinging unadorned light bulb. The rat hole in the skirting board. I am sure they have upgraded it by now.
This is a laugh. They have a blackboard menu for the bistro outside. FULL MENU INSIDE it asserts. Once I was walking past and saw it asserted - FULL MEN INSIDE. Very true. Very very true.
- Pros:All the passenger trains stop here.
- Cons:If you like the quiet life there is nothing wrong with it.
- In a nutshell:An unpretentious little town.
craic's Related Pages
Moss Vale Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Moss Vale
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Moss Vale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moss Vale
Photos in Moss ValeSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos