"Pretty township" Olinda by craic
Olinda Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 44 photos
It was a shame we had to keep on driving through it because we couldn't find a park. It was the day ofter Boxing Day - and it was swarming!
But we did go to Cloudehill Gardens & Nursery which is a few minutes drive from the township so I post a pic of that.
We went up for another trip one very hot day, and it was definitely cooler up in the hills.
And we found a car park hidden behind the shops, but access is difficult. Those winding narrow roads up there, in the hills.
Olinda is one of those towns you stop off in to browse the quaint (and expensive) shops or to have morning or arvo tea or lunch.
You do a drive through the whole area. Stopping, when you can, to take in the views. Or maybe visit one of the many, many parks and gardens.
- Pros:Leafy, pretty, cooler than down on the plains.
- In a nutshell:Charming little hills town.
craic's Related Pages
Olinda Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Olinda
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Olinda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olinda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos