Wingello Restaurant Tips by craic
Wingello Restaurants: 1 reviews and 1 photos
About 4pm on a weekday - not very busy.
As our local shop is the only chance we have to spend money in Wingello it has always meant a lot to us.
Proprietors come and go - we have been lucky and they always have been great - but each proprietor brings a new ambience.
And I am loving this new proprietor. He has put in a cafe, and makes excellent coffee. So as I yearn for my roman sojourn last year, I can do so watching the hustle and bustle of Wingello, meeting and greeting or just doing the crossword.
I used to go to my local cafe in Trastevere nearly every day and now I have a local cafe in Wingello. I am back in the swim. Part of the unrepentent cafe society.
Weekends are starting to hot up. People out for a drive looking for something to do and a place to spend money. Sometimes you can't get a table at the weekend.
He is about to put the petrol pumps back on. Bundanoon service station is closed at the weekends so people have to go all the way out to the Hume Highway for petrol. Now they may pootle on up to Wingello and stop for a coffee.
AND there is a rumour he has applied for a liquor license.
There is no pub in Wingello and there never has been.
It will be a takeaway license only, but perhaps one could surreptiteously "correct" one's coffee.
Apart from coffee and petrol and perhaps liquor Yay! - the shop sells groceries, newspapers, smokes, rents dvds, and is our post office where you pick up your mail or pay a phone bill.
They eftpos too - which is very convenient because we have no ATM in Wingello.
In fact I can't think of anything else we really need. They are working towards supplying our every want.
Favorite Dish: UPDATE - I am told the shop is - one again - for sale. So there will be a new ambience soon.
Address: Railway Parade, Wingello
Directions: Next to the Mechanics Institute Hall - Almost opposite the railway station.
More Reviews (10)
craic's Related Pages
Wingello Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "REALISING THE DREAM"
- "The road less travelled"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sabang Hotels
- Soldier Key Hotels
- International Falls Hotels
- Kongju Hotels
- Chula Vista
- Rocca di Papa
Badges & Stats in Wingello
- 11 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 257 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Wingello?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wingello
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmerston North Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otaki Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Italy Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Martinborough Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos