"Wingello" Wingello by craic

Wingello Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 47 photos

We've been here a long time - tended the land, planted trees, renovated the house, raised two kids.
But now we are selling, if we can - the market is very slow these days - and will be moving to somewhere smaller, closer to the hospitals, public transport etc. We hope to give up the car. I don't drive and my husband doesn't like driving.
It will be a wrench. But it's time.

How those kids and those trees grew!

UPDATE - We have sold Verona and moved to Melbourne and our old property is now the Gudhara Holistic Sanctuary.

Gudhara Holistic Sanctuary

You can book in for a weekend of drumming and release your primal male, or catch up on the latest trends in feng shui. Stuff like that. Eco-shamanism etc.

• Pros:Space, silence, wildlife, privacy - and you can pump the music up really loud!
  • Cons:Public transport is crap. And getting crapper.
  • In a nutshell:Wouldn't have missed Wingello for the world.
  • Intro Updated Sep 17, 2008

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I really enjoyed seeing old cars in NSW, and even though I prefer them in perfect condition its nice to see such rusty ones as well from time to time !

• pattypoo's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Thanks Jen, I think the gum trees are beautiful and loved walking in Burrado when it was windy. I thought the scribble gum interesting xx

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2009 at 10:04 AM

This just so wonderful to read and to picture you here. Your "tongue in cheek" humor is amazing. Loved the tip about Bernie visiting. Found the Burning Season info so enlightening. Always a pleasure to read and see your pages.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2009 at 6:21 PM

I miss the old comments from Wingello. Missing lots of things. What fun we all used to have together.

• leics's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Been a long time since Hamburg, and Speyer (lovely) was entirely due to Ingrid. But I booked 8 days in Germany yesterday..will explore more (and use the language I've learnt!). Your ex-home looks lovely.

• Herwig1961's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Pity that you have to leave this place!...but understand your reasons.Wonderful,lovely page here!Thanks for the pleasure you gave me.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2008 at 9:28 AM

I see you know Brucie.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 10:53 PM

You're a great tour guide, Jen.

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2008 at 4:57 AM

Can't understand how you can leave a place with a café plus a carwreck in every garden... Or is it because you are allowed to burn rubbish without permit further down south? Sissi

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2008 at 2:46 AM

Fantastic tour. Would love to see it in person some day. Seems the dead car adornment is a requirement everywhere we go...

Badges & Stats in Wingello

Have you been to Wingello?

Latest Activity in Wingello