"The Regal Lion" Top 5 Page for this destination England by bpwillet

England Travel Guide: 64,644 reviews and 149,329 photos

The United Kingdom brings many thoughts to people's minds. Royalty, fish and chips, Shakespeare, castles, and much more cliches that I am not going to get into. I have had the priveledge of living in England for the last few years and I have slowly made my way around this island exploring the well known and the quaint. It has been a really amazing adventure and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

There are so many other cities that are just as enjoyable as London can be though some may be harder to get to. If you are going to travel to this country I highly recommend seeing all that you can in London. If you have the time check out the other areas in the country. There is so much history here and beautiful countryside, it can be overwhelming at first. But it is so worth it.

The countryside is also well worth the time. There are plenty of hikes and walks to choose from along many paths of unspoiled beauty. Don't let the weather fool you. England will surprise you with brilliant sunshine and at times record breaking heat. You can spend the day punting on the River Cam in Cambridge, hiking the hills in Cumbria, or strolling along in the countless parks and well manicured public gardens. I have included all of my travels on this page that have been farther away from my home in Mildenhall. There are some great places around Mildenhall to see as well. Be sure to check out that site for more information on touring East Anglia. Cheers!

• Intro Updated Jan 15, 2004

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Fish and chips and Royalty I like that - perfect definition of England - though I prefer the F&C :-) interesting pages - cheers - Maria

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 12:05 AM

Ahh yes... stereotype-busting. My favourite passtime! Good work on your England page. You've reminded me that I have a lot of updating to do on my own pages!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 3:31 AM

Just browsing around your England pages...great stuff! Got to see some of the places I missed but would have loved to see....thanks.

• Maxus's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 1:27 PM

I really enjoyed my trip round your page mate well done. It's my country but you have been to places I have yet to see.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 11:57 AM

Castles, half-timbered cottages - England at its best. Interesting information and lovely pictures! You've done a wonderful job!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 8:26 PM

Great tips, great pages (shame I'm hardly going to any of the one's you've listed!).

• joits's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2004 at 10:42 PM

very nice page! love the details on what to see. wish i had more time to see all the stuff u recommended! good job man!

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 8:09 AM

Great look at England at large. I see you share my philosophy on not skipping the small towns. I wish I had time to tour the countryside at greater length when I was there in 1986.

• Peret's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2004 at 1:23 PM

Nice overview. Great work. These medieval villages are lovely.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2004 at 4:52 AM

Brad, this is an almost complete page about lovely England. Thanks for the wonderful insight in your country ... :o)

bpwillet Used To Live Here!

bpwillet

“See it all, rest later...”

Badges & Stats in England

Have you been to England?

Latest Activity in England