"An incredible weekend!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rota by bpwillet
Rota Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 80 photos
Rota is a beach town on Spain's beautiful southern coast. It is a relaxed place with a few sights and expansive beaches to lounge and find your rest. It is just a short distance by car or ferry from Cadiz which lies just across the harbor. It is well worth the stop over for a day or spending a lazy weekend.
Rota has seen its fair share of occupants. From Romans to the Muslims, and finally to the Christian Crusaders who were first to call the town "Rota." The town passed hands between ruling families in the region and was able to set up a few religious orders which have since been disbanded. You can see remnants of each with the grand plazas, the great Moorish then converted patios and mansions. The people who occupy Rota now are the throngs of beach goers and tourists through the warm months to soak up the sun and warm water at the great beaches that surround Rota.
- Pros:Great place to relax and soak up some sun
- Cons:Small enough to be quaint and annoying
- In a nutshell:Soak up some sun, wander the streets in a peaceful beach town.
There are a few covered streets that you can go shopping but essentially Rota has every kind of shop on every kind of... more travel advice
They seem to be everywhere. In almost every city there are musicians who add to the overall ambience to the place you... more travel advice
bpwillet's Related Pages
Rota Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Weeks on the Costa de la Luz"
- "An incredible weekend!"
- "Rota, AGAIN!"
- "be careful with the Sangria"
- "ROTA. USA MILITARY BASE, BEACHES, FABULOUS DISHES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rota
- Hotels in Rota
- Nightlife in Rota
- Restaurants in Rota
- Shopping in Rota
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rota
- 12 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Rota?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rota
Photos in RotaSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Oslo Intro, 131 reviews, 155 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 117 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 115 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 86 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 69 reviews, 72 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 60 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 51 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 41 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Crete Island Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos