"Doha, Qatar" Top 5 Page for this destination Doha by bpwillet

Doha Travel Guide: 563 reviews and 1,702 photos

Arabian Treasure

Doha is a city unlike any other I have visited. The architecture alone stands out in my mind as something very different and other worldly. Unlike other countries I have had the opportunity to visit in the Middle East, Doha is very clean and very pristine. It has so much to offer and yet it seems as though so many have yet to discover it.

As the capital city of Qatar (pronounced "cutter", or "gutter"), it houses about 80% of the country's population. The city's ruling seat is situated here in the capital city and many efforts have gone into beautifying the city. Their efforts have paid off considerably. As you drive out of the downtown limits you are thrown back into the vast expanses of desert the encompass the majority of this country. Doha may not be brimming with entertainment as other Middle Eastern cities can be. However, it does have an unspoiled charm about it that is hard to miss.

Doha Architecture

The buildings around the city center are very unique and are quite fascinating to look at. The city skyline is still under construction as more buildings are put up. Each one is very distinct and yet doesn't seem to leave the Arabian feel too far behind.

• Last visit to Doha: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2006

• jusdenise93's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Doha was the first country i travelled to and I would like the chance to go explore it fully. Thanks for the awesome pictures and tips!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2008 at 5:49 AM

I'm considering a stop-over here... Thanks for the info!

• WilliamHarper's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2008 at 7:41 AM

I've been told that each of the three is similar, but differing styles. I like the one in the middle. Great views of the bay during the evening, as well.

• Oct 8, 2007 at 3:25 AM

Unfortunatelley they do not exist any longer!

• leonik's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2007 at 7:47 PM

none of the museums nor the fort was opened when i was there... =\ doha became one of the least interesting cities i've ever been to. but i think i should dig deeper... thx for sharing!

• flyfreak's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 1:20 AM

yummee, yummeeh, when I see your restaurant tips I can't wait to get there!!! flyfreak :-)

• thegulf's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2006 at 6:19 PM

great page, thnx.

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 1:43 PM

I've visited Dubai and Abu Dhabi dozens of times but Doha looks much nicer? must make a point of going when next in the area Thanks Brad

• Aug 7, 2005 at 2:34 PM

I applied for a job in Qatar...hope something works out for me!

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 11:54 PM

Another great page, Brad. As you say, I find the skyline has changed everytime I visit. In fact I was told recently that in the 2 yeras since I last went ,there have been even greater changes.

bpwillet Visits Here Frequently!

bpwillet

“See it all, rest later...”

Badges & Stats in Doha