"Doha, Qatar" Top 5 Page for this destination Doha by bpwillet
Doha Travel Guide: 563 reviews and 1,702 photos
Doha is a city unlike any other I have visited. The architecture alone stands out in my mind as something very different and other worldly. Unlike other countries I have had the opportunity to visit in the Middle East, Doha is very clean and very pristine. It has so much to offer and yet it seems as though so many have yet to discover it.
As the capital city of Qatar (pronounced "cutter", or "gutter"), it houses about 80% of the country's population. The city's ruling seat is situated here in the capital city and many efforts have gone into beautifying the city. Their efforts have paid off considerably. As you drive out of the downtown limits you are thrown back into the vast expanses of desert the encompass the majority of this country. Doha may not be brimming with entertainment as other Middle Eastern cities can be. However, it does have an unspoiled charm about it that is hard to miss.
The buildings around the city center are very unique and are quite fascinating to look at. The city skyline is still under construction as more buildings are put up. Each one is very distinct and yet doesn't seem to leave the Arabian feel too far behind.
The new souq area has really been built up to represent an old nostalgia of what Doha used to be like. I have really... more travel advice
If you take a trip out to Palm Tree Island you may have the opportunity to rent one of their 2 person sail boats. They... more travel advice
- Sitting by the dock of the bay...
- See All Traditional Houses
- See All Heading to the desert..
- See All Corniche parks
bpwillet's Related Pages
Doha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Impressions & Tips from Doha"
- "Doha, Qatar"
- "Capitol City"
- "Doha - The Big Tree"
- "Doha- My home away from home"
- "dubai sleepy sister is waking up"
- "A Day or Two in Doha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Doha
- Hotels in Doha
- Transportation in Doha
- Nightlife in Doha
- Restaurants in Doha
- Shopping in Doha
- Warnings and Dangers in Doha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doha
- 51 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Doha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doha
Photos in DohaSee All Photos (72)
Top 10 Pages
- Oslo Intro, 131 reviews, 155 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 117 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 115 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 86 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 69 reviews, 72 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 60 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 51 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 41 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Crete Island Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos