"Barra de Navidad" Estado de Jalisco by Chiliweenie
Estado de Jalisco Travel Guide: 1,504 reviews and 2,943 photos
Adjacent to San Patricio Melaque is the 'poor man's resort' of Barra de Navidad. With a population of 7000+, this town draws the most tourists with its hotel base and numerous restaurants. Located on a sandy spit with a lagoon behind, Barra de Navidad offers great sport fishing, bird watching and one of the premier golf courses in all of Mexico at Isla de Navidad, just across the lagoon and next door. A great party town in the middle of Real Mexico!
In 1993, I first came here on a day trip with a bunch of American tour opertors for lunch, sort of a road trip.
What kept entering my mind was why the developers had not alreay spoiled this bay with skyrises and cheesy resorts.
Bahia de Navidad is old mexico, the type you rememeber in the 1960's predevelopment, beautiful, rugged and serene. I have since gone back to Barra de Nadidad since living in Belgium. I had forgotten how the moutains fell into the azure blue sea and the crashing waves on an almost deserted beach, let alone the kick -ass marguaritas.
Was it all a dream?
Chiliweenie's Related Pages
Estado de Jalisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Melaque and Costalegre (Happy Coast)"
- "Our Time in Jalisco"
- "JALISCO PYRAMIDS TEUCHITLAN GUACHIMONTONES"
- "Estado de Jalisco"
- "Barra de Navidad"
- "Jalisco -- no te rajes !!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Jalisco
- Hotels in Estado de Jalisco
- Transportation in Estado de Jalisco
- Nightlife in Estado de Jalisco
- Restaurants in Estado de Jalisco
- Shopping in Estado de Jalisco
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Jalisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Jalisco
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Estado de Jalisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Jalisco
Top 10 Pages
- Massif du Mont Blanc Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Thailand Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Singapore Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Seychelles Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- India Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Big Sur Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.