"La Dame Blanche" Massif du Mont Blanc by Chiliweenie
Massif du Mont Blanc Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 37 photos
You do need a guide to climb Mont Blanc, be in excellent physical condition and have cold expedition clothing and equipment. The ascents are considered Grade 3 scrambles between Tete Rousse and Gouter Refuges. If that won't wear you out, try the ascent the next morn at 2 am to the summit. The round trip to the summit and Gouter Refuge area is approx. 6-8 hours. An ample amount of water is absolutely necessary, 2-3 litres per person. Its not unusual to develope high altitude headaches, nausua and dizziness.
The summit is spectaculer, a 360 degree view of Italy and France alpine peaks.
To obtain a list of equipment required to climb Mont Blanc, there are many web sites that supply them. Don't skimp on equipment, it can save your life.
Happy climbing !
- Pros:Beautiful views, breathtaking scenery
- Cons:Rock avalanches are frequent and claim the lives of 60 people anually.
- In a nutshell:Strenuous grade 3 srambles but worth the view at the top
You'd never know it, but this photo was taken in a tent perched on the verge of an ice shelf which broke off the... more travel advice
Being in the peaks and camping on the glaciers was spectacular. The view from my tent was better than any 5 star hotel... more travel advice
Chiliweenie's Related Pages
Massif du Mont Blanc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tour Du Mont Blanc (TMB) under construction"
- "La Dame Blanche"
- "MONT BLANC FRANCE"
- "Views from the tunnel"
- "Mont Blanc / Monte Bianco U/C"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massif du Mont Blanc
- Hotels in Massif du Mont Blanc
- Transportation in Massif du Mont Blanc
- Restaurants in Massif du Mont Blanc
- Warnings and Dangers in Massif du Mont Blanc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Massif du Mont Blanc
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Massif du Mont Blanc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massif du Mont Blanc
Top 10 Pages
- Massif du Mont Blanc Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Thailand Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Singapore Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Seychelles Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- India Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Big Sur Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.