"Hidden Valley, Quezon Province, Philippines" Quezon by jexelot

Quezon Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 19 photos

Hidden Valley Springs

One of our small side trips took us to a resort called Hidden Valley Springs. Hidden between valleys, two hours away from Manila, and nestled inside a rainforest lies this beautiful sanctuary. This artificial paradise thrives off filtered spring water.

The surrounding rain forest is preserved through the works of local conservationists and ground keepers. I will never forget the rainforest. The variety of the lush foliage and the screams of the birds almost made me forget that was a resort. I felt as though the huge trees inside the sanctuary were so powerful and majestic just by their size. The diameters of some of the trees was nearly five meters wide. I felt so minute in comparison. To know how long those trees have lived and through what they have experienced compounded this feeling. I thought, "I have lived a tiny portion of their long lives." This resort is a total contrast from the polluted waterways of the polluted city.

Despite the beauty of the resort, I had this feeling of it being too perfect. In a way it was the exception to man's feeling "to hell with nature." It was the "cross-sectional park...there." (Graves 494) This was only a half-day side trip, but it was well worth it to know that some places still cared for nature's beauty.

• Last visit to Quezon: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2002

Comments

jexelot

“"Travel is Mystery"”