"Hidden Valley, Quezon Province, Philippines" Quezon by jexelot
Quezon Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 37 photos
One of our small side trips took us to a resort called Hidden Valley Springs. Hidden between valleys, two hours away from Manila, and nestled inside a rainforest lies this beautiful sanctuary. This artificial paradise thrives off filtered spring water.
The surrounding rain forest is preserved through the works of local conservationists and ground keepers. I will never forget the rainforest. The variety of the lush foliage and the screams of the birds almost made me forget that was a resort. I felt as though the huge trees inside the sanctuary were so powerful and majestic just by their size. The diameters of some of the trees was nearly five meters wide. I felt so minute in comparison. To know how long those trees have lived and through what they have experienced compounded this feeling. I thought, "I have lived a tiny portion of their long lives." This resort is a total contrast from the polluted waterways of the polluted city.
Despite the beauty of the resort, I had this feeling of it being too perfect. In a way it was the exception to man's feeling "to hell with nature." It was the "cross-sectional park...there." (Graves 494) This was only a half-day side trip, but it was well worth it to know that some places still cared for nature's beauty.
jexelot's Related Pages
Quezon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quezon Province: My First Trip Alone!"
- "Looking Up Quezon"
- "Hidden Valley, Quezon Province, Philippines"
- "Quezon, Quezon"
- "Pahiyas Festival"
- "Villa Escudero"
- "Quezon Province Tour in 2009"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quezon
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Quezon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quezon
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Rila Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Budapest Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Brugge Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Vienna Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Sofia Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Oostende Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos