"Byron Bay - Tourist Mecca of North Coast NSW" Top 5 Page for this destination Byron Bay by lachydragon
Byron Bay Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 327 photos
Have had a slight setback for my Byron Bay pages after Dad decided that he would give away half of the photos I took (and particularly the ones suitable for VT!!) - as soon as I have a bit of a word to Dad, lecture him on the importance of at least scanning photos first and get some reprints I will put them up.....watch this space!
Byron Bay sits on the far North Coast of NSW about 800 kms north of Sydney. The climate of Byron Bay is sub-tropical with warm days in both Summer and Winter and quite a high rainfall giving rise to beautiful stretches of coastal rainforest. The main attraction of Byronm Bay is its beaches! The long stretches of beach and the fine white sand attracts holiday makers from all over Australia and the World.
Byron Bay is also a popular surfing destination with many good surfing beaches for all levels of surfing ability. Byron Bay is also home to the Julian Rocks Marine Park an area of ocean around Julian Rocks - an outcrop of uninhabited rocky island about 3kms off the beach. Julian Rocks attracts many Scuba Divers who dive in the clear water and enjoy the variety of marine life.
Off the beaches Byron Bay has many cultural attractions such as the weekly markets, a vibrant shopping area, local music festivals.
There are also many interesting trips that you can take into the hinterland to enjoy the coastal rainforest.
Finally, Byron Bay is the mnost Easterl Point of the Australian Mainland and there is a fantastic walk along the coastal cliffs to the East Point and then up to the Very Photogenic Byron Bay Lighthouse.
All-in-all Byron Bay deserves its reputation as the most popular holiday destination on Coastal NSW!
Byron Bay attracts holiday makers from all over the wold and can be quite a daunting place to visit in its busiest time. If you enjoy the crowds and nightlife then you will enjoy Byron Bay during the Summer holiday periods (Byron Bay is at its busiest around Christmas and New Year and will continue to be busy whilever NSW and Queensland Schools are on holidays.) I have just returned from a trip up there from January 2-11 and it was absolutely packed!
If you prefer to visit without the crowds try visiting in late Summer or Autumn when accommodation will be cheaper and the beaches a little quieter, even Winter is a nice time and you will have a better chance of sunny days ( most of Byron Bay's rainfall is in Summer) and the ocean will still be warm for swimming.
- Pros:Clean white beaches, lush rainforest, rugged coastal cliffs and a vibrant culture!
- Cons:It is everyone's idea of paradise! - Not so perfect when we are all trying to enjoy it at the same time!
- In a nutshell:Stunning MUST VISIT destination...just choose your travel dates carefully!
We stayed at the new Outrigger at Salt Resort. Salt is a new development just South of the town of Kingscliff, a little... more travel advice
Highly recommended is taking a sea-kayak trip from Clarks Beach around The Pass and into Little Wategos Beach - a... more travel advice
lachydragon's Related Pages
Byron Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Byron Bay - A Surfers Paradise"
- "Byron Bay and surrounds"
- "Byron Bay - Tourist Mecca of North Coast NSW"
- "Byron Bay- Music and Arts"
- "Byron Bay"
- "Sweetberry's Byron Bay Page"
- "Byron Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Byron Bay
- Hotels in Byron Bay
- Transportation in Byron Bay
- Nightlife in Byron Bay
- Restaurants in Byron Bay
- Shopping in Byron Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Byron Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Byron Bay
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Byron Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Byron Bay
Photos in Byron BaySee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skardu Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- South Stradbroke Island Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Hushe Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Byron Bay Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Great Keppel Island Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Hamilton Island Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos