" Lachydragon hits Islamabad! " Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad by lachydragon

Islamabad Travel Guide: 420 reviews and 899 photos

I spent 4 days in Islamabad at the start of my month-long trekking holiday in Pakistan. In spite of stomach problems that had hit me 3 days before leaving home (shattering my confidence for the start of the trip - my first OS trip ever, AND not being with my parents!), I loved Islamabad!

Fellow travllers have commented that Islamabad is too broing especially when compared to its twin-city Rawalpindi. I can accept this comment from seasoned travellers, but for me I think Islamabad was a good introduction to Pakistan.........not too full on, but plenty to keep my Australian sensibilities interested!

Check out my tips on Islamabad which I will be adding to over the next few weeks!

• In a nutshell:Good place to get to know Pakistan for a first-time traveller!
  • Last visit to Islamabad: Jun 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2002

• fatimahh's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Good work and interesting pic in shalwar kameez :)

• Bavavia's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 9:33 AM

I like the outfit! it doesnt matter what you paid , what matters is you like it and it reminds you of your trip and that matters most and I am sure you had a great trip!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2004 at 2:53 PM

Fascinating city and insight into the area. Great job!

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 4:11 PM

Excellent Islamabad pages... Traveling on those buses sounds pretty tight but exciting.. Even though it was recommended to us not to try them in Yerevan, Armenia because a taxi is a lot more comfortable, we did anyway and it is an experience.. Thanks.

• laughingsun69's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 12:44 AM

Looks like an interesting place to visit , great pages !!

• May 7, 2004 at 1:58 PM

The resturant 's name that you can't seem to recollect is most likely "Jahangir Resturant". Conviniently called "Jahangir's". Common hangout for foreigners. Does it ring a bell?

• NasirMahmood's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2004 at 1:57 PM

Great traveling in Pakistan....... You have a very nice page with a lot of pics.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2003 at 2:08 AM

Great page on Islamabad! I haven't seen much of this fascinating city, when I was in Pakistan.

• Laurina's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2003 at 9:08 AM

Isn't pakistan just faaaantastic? Especially 'hot spots' ;) located in F-7/3 sector of islamabad...

• Oct 4, 2003 at 12:48 PM

dude try to recall was it Jehangir or Lasania because i think it ought to be one of those!

lachydragon

“Happiness is a non-cancelled flight booking (see India: Transport tips for the story...)”

Badges & Stats in Islamabad

Have you been to Islamabad?