"Salaam! Yakhe Lebass!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania by ummibrahim
Mauritania Travel Guide: 645 reviews and 1,407 photos
As most you already heard Mauritania is WAY off the beaten path. But, it is an extremely beautiful country with good people and great beaches. One of my favorite memories is drinking tea in the middle of the sahara while the men prayed together. I also miss there five-minute greetings. "Asalaam aliakum! Yakhe lebass? Lebass, alhamdulilah......"
- Pros:Beautiful views, exotic, tasty one pot meals, strong tea, and call to prayer rings everywhere.
- Cons:Very poor, dirty, fly capital of the world.
- In a nutshell:Don't be scared to come here. If a can do it with an eight month old, so can you!
When we got to Noakchott we were starving. My husband asked an american there for a decent place to eat. Mind you, we... more travel advice
ummibrahim's Related Pages
Mauritania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mauritania - The Land of the Moors"
- "Looking for Gaia"
- "Salaam! Yakhe Lebass!"
- "My trip to Mauritania"
- "danielperals's new Mauritania Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mauritania
- Hotels in Mauritania
- Transportation in Mauritania
- Nightlife in Mauritania
- Restaurants in Mauritania
- Shopping in Mauritania
- Warnings and Dangers in Mauritania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mauritania
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mauritania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mauritania
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.