"Silver City, New Mexico" Silver City by mhellman
Silver City Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 134 photos
I first visited Silver City in 1997. After four more visits, I finally gave up and moved here in April of 2003.
- Pros:Great climate - four gentle seasons
- Cons:Mine closing caused economic downturn (but mine is gradually reopening)
- In a nutshell:A place on the verge of becoming something great
About 30 miles east of Silver City is City of Rocks State Park. A volcano blew its stack about 30 million years ago and... more travel advice
Built in 1882, the Palace is a little faded in spots but you would be too if you were that age. Note: not for the... more travel advice
mhellman's Related Pages
Silver City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Silver City Page"
- "A very appealing town"
- "The Odd Culture Clashes of Southwestern New Mexico"
- "7dolphin7's new Silver City Page"
- "Not Much here yet...."
- "Silver City, New Mexico"
- "towhee's Gila Cliff Dwellings Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silver City
- Hotels in Silver City
- Transportation in Silver City
- Nightlife in Silver City
- Restaurants in Silver City
- Shopping in Silver City
- Warnings and Dangers in Silver City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Silver City
- 13 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Silver City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silver City
Top 5 Pages
- Silver City Intro, 13 reviews, 3 photos
- Santa Fe 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Las Cruces 4 reviews
- Albuquerque 1 review
- Chama 1 review
No friends yet.